RE: Ball-competitions

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2000
      I was waiting a little to see if their were any other ideas.

      I've got 2 ideas for Ball based contests. I would like them
      both to be War Points. The first is the now mostly traditional
      attendance WP. I would like it to be during the last dance of
      the first set. Something easy and fun - Trenchmore maybe.

      The second is a bit more competition-like and here I was inspired
      some by what was done a gulf wars last year. A head to head
      competition of dance performances, one done by each side.
      Each side gets to choose its best entry however they want, any
      time prior to the ball. During the first break each side will
      perform their dance. Results judeged almost immediately.
      Non-selected entries could be perfoemed during later breaks.

      Preliminary criteria

      Level 1
      Performance (16)

      Level 2 (8 each)
      Music (bonus points for live music!)
      Style (participants having fun1!)
      Authenticity (period reconstruction or very period-like original)
      Audience response

      Level 3 (4 each)
      Documentation (3x5 index card)
      Garb (similar, appropriate to time and place)
      Complexity
      Teachability

      Coments?

      Conrad