BOH ball/dance thing

  • Paul A. Byers
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2005
      We will have dancing again at BOH this year. Oct 22nd. This year it is a
      camping event. (though I know some folks are staying home to keep
      instruments safe.)

      Ly. Bel has agreed to be our dance leader. We will be doing 11 dance
      songs. During the morning Bel will teach and the musicians will play for
      her. Around 3ish we will do the dance. We will play our 11 songs through
      two times for the dancers. That should give a good two hours of dance.

      So come and play and dance with us.

      Baron Pavel Pooperovich, MSCA, OP
      Hyrd, Cross, Silver Hammer, Iren Fyrd, Swan, Mallet, Syther Fyrd, Torse, O.A.F.
      Shire March of the Grimfells
      Calontir
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 13, 2005
        Hurrah! Sounds like it should be a great time.

        Can you post a list of the 11 dances, so people know what to expect?

        See you there!
        Conna

      • mightypav@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2005
          At 07:48 AM 9/13/2005, you wrote:
          >Hurrah! Sounds like it should be a great time.
          >Can you post a list of the 11 dances, so people know what to expect?
          >See you there!
          >Conna

          Here is the list. Two of the songs are just things we do for fun. They
          are jigs so you could jig to them if you wanted. But they are just fun
          songs we do so that I can get more players in our group.

          Pav
          ******
          The Rose in the Heather -jig
          Rufty Tufty
          Gathering Peascods
          Four Jigs played as one song. -jig
          Black Almayn
          Ly Bens Distonys
          Petit Riens
          Karobuska
          Heralds in Love
          Black Nag
          Amoroso

        • Malina
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19, 2005
            > We will have dancing again at BOH this year.
            > Ly. Bel has agreed to be our dance leader.

            Lady Bel are you out there?
            I assume you are part of this list.

            I am a member of Grimfells and I do the dance thing as well. I would
            like to offer my services and help you out at BOH. I have never
            taught a class before or ran a ball. But I really would like to learn
            more about how to run classes and balls.
            This way, in future, I can do my fair shire proud and be a dance
            mistress for our events.

            with much appreciation,
            Malina