Re: [CalontirDance] Re:Carolingian Pavanne and Singing

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 12, 2005
      You sure are right that anyone looking to provide a special performance of
      vocals will probably be disappointed with the results. The dancers might
      notice that someone¹s singing, but probably not. And I wouldn¹t blame them
      for not noticing.

      We musicians know that we¹re not the main attraction‹and thank goodness for
      that! We like a low profile and to have fun in the pit without worrying
      about keeping some sort of freaky stage-presence thing going. That would
      ruin the fun for 99.9% of us for sure! (At least I think so.)

      A funny story from Pennsic about instruments not being heard. During the
      Loud Band class that we attended, a young girl approached carrying a
      recorder. The leader of the class told her it was for loud instruments only,
      and that her recorder wouldn¹t be heard. She said she¹d still like to sit in
      with the class, and she was there because she wanted to play with a group
      but NOT be heard. LOL!

      Conna