RE: [CalontirDance] Re:Carolingian Pavanne and Singing

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 12, 2005
      I'm teaching a Buffens class in honor of the Rattan part of the day - -I
      wonder if I'll get lucky and have a group ready to perform by the ball again
      - -lol.

      Tsire

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 12, 2005
        You sure are right that anyone looking to provide a special performance of
        vocals will probably be disappointed with the results. The dancers might
        notice that someone¹s singing, but probably not. And I wouldn¹t blame them
        for not noticing.

        We musicians know that we¹re not the main attraction‹and thank goodness for
        that! We like a low profile and to have fun in the pit without worrying
        about keeping some sort of freaky stage-presence thing going. That would
        ruin the fun for 99.9% of us for sure! (At least I think so.)

        A funny story from Pennsic about instruments not being heard. During the
        Loud Band class that we attended, a young girl approached carrying a
        recorder. The leader of the class told her it was for loud instruments only,
        and that her recorder wouldn¹t be heard. She said she¹d still like to sit in
        with the class, and she was there because she wanted to play with a group
        but NOT be heard. LOL!

        Conna