RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies XX

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6 10:20 AM
      All good - one note, the war picked up the tab for propane this year :)
      And if fact dancing was one of the primary drivers of the war getting the
      incinitrons.

      Conrad

      Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
      before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
      will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
      the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
      war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
      etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
      Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
      those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
      down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
      misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
      having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
      yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
      Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
      the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
      - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
      and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
      course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
      more exciting as a team effort.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6 10:34 AM
        Good to note - I still like the raffle as a promoter for the ball and as an
        attendance booster too. We can shift it to a kingdom fund raiser very
        easliy. :)
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 6 10:37 AM
          Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
          the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
          light?

          Conna

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6 10:39 AM
            Nothing official, be we can always ask.
            Ultimately it up to the autocrat as to who gets budget.

            Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
            the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
            light?

            Conna

            On 7/6/05 12:20 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

            > All good - one note, the war picked up the tab for propane this year :)
            > And if fact dancing was one of the primary drivers of the war getting the
            > incinitrons.
            >
            > Conrad
            >

            > Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
            > before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
            > will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
            > the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
            > war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
            > etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
            > Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
            > those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
            > down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
            > misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
            > having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
            > yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
            > Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
            > the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
            > - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
            > and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
            > course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
            > more exciting as a team effort.

            > Society for creative anachronism Medieval and renaissance costume
            > Medieval armor
            > Medieval art Medieval costume Medieval knights
            >

            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
            > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
            > *
            > *
            > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Lisa Adams
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 7 11:08 AM
              I'd love to help out. However, my best friend is getting married the second weekend of Lilies next year and I'm her matron of honor. Not sure how much of Lilies I'll make it to...
              ~Marion~
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 8 7:41 AM
                Put me on the list of folks willing to help out.

                //Philippe