Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies XX

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
      Sure! But you¹re scaring me with all those funky titles.

      Is Raffle Rat anything like Pickle Bearer? (I try to avoid anything that¹s
      hard or makes my hands smell like brine or sewer or...)

      Conna

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
        Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
        before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
        will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
        the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
        war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
        etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
        Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
        those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
        down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
        misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
        having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
        yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
        Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
        the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
        - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
        and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
        course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
        more exciting as a team effort.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
          Haha! Raffle Rat would be a Raffle Coordinator and Promoter. They would make
          the raffle happen. They would ensure that tickets were produced and sold,
          delegate,aquire the prize, publicize, delegate, publicize the raffle & ball
          at events leading up to Lilies, delegate, and draw the winner at the ball.
          Oh did I mention that it's a Team Lead type of position - I expect no one to
          go thier task alone. :)

          Tsire

          PS - It really depends on your choice of prize what your hands will smell
          like afterward I suppose - lol

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
              Good to note - I still like the raffle as a promoter for the ball and as an
              attendance booster too. We can shift it to a kingdom fund raiser very
              easliy. :)
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
                the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
                light?

                Conna

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                  Nothing official, be we can always ask.
                  Ultimately it up to the autocrat as to who gets budget.

                  Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
                  the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
                  light?

                  Conna

                  On 7/6/05 12:20 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                  > All good - one note, the war picked up the tab for propane this year :)
                  > And if fact dancing was one of the primary drivers of the war getting the
                  > incinitrons.
                  >
                  > Conrad
                  >

                  > Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
                  > before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
                  > will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
                  > the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
                  > war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
                  > etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
                  > Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
                  > those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
                  > down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
                  > misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
                  > having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
                  > yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
                  > Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
                  > the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
                  > - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
                  > and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
                  > course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
                  > more exciting as a team effort.

                  > Society for creative anachronism Medieval and renaissance costume
                  > Medieval armor
                  > Medieval art Medieval costume Medieval knights
                  >

                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
                  > *
                  > *
                  > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • Lisa Adams
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
                    I'd love to help out. However, my best friend is getting married the second weekend of Lilies next year and I'm her matron of honor. Not sure how much of Lilies I'll make it to...
                    ~Marion~
                    I realize that it's waaaay too early to be thinking about this but hey I'm
                    nutty like that. I'm going to be trying some different things with European
                    Dance at Lilies in 2006 and will need a great team to pull it off. If you'd
                    like to get involved or would like badgered into getting involved in making
                    dance rock in Calontir - this is a great opportunity. Please contact me off
                    list or at any of the 3 million events between now and the next Lilies war.
                    I'd be happy to give you more information and put your energy to use. I
                    especially will need an Activity Liason, a Food Coordinator, a
                    Setup/Teardown Chief, A Raffle Rat and a Publicity Monkey. Interested? Lets
                    go!

                  • Christian M. Cepel
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 8, 2005
                      Put me on the list of folks willing to help out.

                      //Philippe