RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies XX

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6 9:44 AM
      well I and probably many others are interested in what all do you have planned :)

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6 10:02 AM
        Sure! But you¹re scaring me with all those funky titles.

        Is Raffle Rat anything like Pickle Bearer? (I try to avoid anything that¹s
        hard or makes my hands smell like brine or sewer or...)

        Conna

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 6 10:16 AM
          Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
          before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
          will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
          the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
          war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
          etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
          Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
          those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
          down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
          misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
          having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
          yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
          Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
          the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
          - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
          and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
          course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
          more exciting as a team effort.

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6 10:20 AM
            Haha! Raffle Rat would be a Raffle Coordinator and Promoter. They would make
            the raffle happen. They would ensure that tickets were produced and sold,
            delegate,aquire the prize, publicize, delegate, publicize the raffle & ball
            at events leading up to Lilies, delegate, and draw the winner at the ball.
            Oh did I mention that it's a Team Lead type of position - I expect no one to
            go thier task alone. :)

            Tsire

            PS - It really depends on your choice of prize what your hands will smell
            like afterward I suppose - lol

              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 6 10:34 AM
                Good to note - I still like the raffle as a promoter for the ball and as an
                attendance booster too. We can shift it to a kingdom fund raiser very
                easliy. :)
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 6 10:37 AM
                  Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
                  the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
                  light?

                  Conna

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 6 10:39 AM
                    Nothing official, be we can always ask.
                    Ultimately it up to the autocrat as to who gets budget.

                    Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
                    the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
                    light?

                    Conna

                    On 7/6/05 12:20 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                    > All good - one note, the war picked up the tab for propane this year :)
                    > And if fact dancing was one of the primary drivers of the war getting the
                    > incinitrons.
                    >
                    > Conrad
                    >

                    > Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
                    > before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
                    > will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
                    > the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
                    > war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
                    > etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
                    > Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
                    > those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
                    > down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
                    > misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
                    > having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
                    > yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
                    > Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
                    > the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
                    > - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
                    > and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
                    > course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
                    > more exciting as a team effort.

                    > Society for creative anachronism Medieval and renaissance costume
                    > Medieval armor
                    > Medieval art Medieval costume Medieval knights
                    >

                    > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                    >
                    > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
                    > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
                    > *
                    > *
                    > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  • Lisa Adams
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 7 11:08 AM
                      I'd love to help out. However, my best friend is getting married the second weekend of Lilies next year and I'm her matron of honor. Not sure how much of Lilies I'll make it to...
                      ~Marion~
                      I realize that it's waaaay too early to be thinking about this but hey I'm
                      nutty like that. I'm going to be trying some different things with European
                      Dance at Lilies in 2006 and will need a great team to pull it off. If you'd
                      like to get involved or would like badgered into getting involved in making
                      dance rock in Calontir - this is a great opportunity. Please contact me off
                      list or at any of the 3 million events between now and the next Lilies war.
                      I'd be happy to give you more information and put your energy to use. I
                      especially will need an Activity Liason, a Food Coordinator, a
                      Setup/Teardown Chief, A Raffle Rat and a Publicity Monkey. Interested? Lets
                      go!

                    • Christian M. Cepel
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 8 7:41 AM
                        Put me on the list of folks willing to help out.

                        //Philippe