Lilies XX

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hey there everyone -

      I realize that it's waaaay too early to be thinking about this but hey I'm
      nutty like that. I'm going to be trying some different things with European
      Dance at Lilies in 2006 and will need a great team to pull it off. If you'd
      like to get involved or would like badgered into getting involved in making
      dance rock in Calontir - this is a great opportunity. Please contact me off
      list or at any of the 3 million events between now and the next Lilies war.
      I'd be happy to give you more information and put your energy to use. I
      especially will need an Activity Liason, a Food Coordinator, a
      Setup/Teardown Chief, A Raffle Rat and a Publicity Monkey. Interested? Lets
      go!

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
        well I and probably many others are interested in what all do you have planned :)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
          Sure! But you¹re scaring me with all those funky titles.

          Is Raffle Rat anything like Pickle Bearer? (I try to avoid anything that¹s
          hard or makes my hands smell like brine or sewer or...)

          Conna

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
            Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
            before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
            will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
            the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
            war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
            etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
            Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
            those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
            down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
            misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
            having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
            yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
            Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
            the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
            - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
            and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
            course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
            more exciting as a team effort.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
              Haha! Raffle Rat would be a Raffle Coordinator and Promoter. They would make
              the raffle happen. They would ensure that tickets were produced and sold,
              delegate,aquire the prize, publicize, delegate, publicize the raffle & ball
              at events leading up to Lilies, delegate, and draw the winner at the ball.
              Oh did I mention that it's a Team Lead type of position - I expect no one to
              go thier task alone. :)

              Tsire

              PS - It really depends on your choice of prize what your hands will smell
              like afterward I suppose - lol

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                  Good to note - I still like the raffle as a promoter for the ball and as an
                  attendance booster too. We can shift it to a kingdom fund raiser very
                  easliy. :)
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                    Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
                    the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
                    light?

                    Conna

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                      Nothing official, be we can always ask.
                      Ultimately it up to the autocrat as to who gets budget.

                      Oh, good! That¹s what I thought, but then I began to doubt. Do you know if
                      the social dancing has anything else in the budget, or is it just for the
                      light?

                      Conna

                      On 7/6/05 12:20 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                      > All good - one note, the war picked up the tab for propane this year :)
                      > And if fact dancing was one of the primary drivers of the war getting the
                      > incinitrons.
                      >
                      > Conrad
                      >

                      > Things are nice and nebulous right now but I'd like to sell raffle tickets
                      > before Lilies and at Lilies for a prize to be given at the Grand ball - this
                      > will help us refund the propane used in the incinitrons as well as publicize
                      > the ball. I'd like to have a sponsored dance activity most nights of the
                      > war. This happens in a small way now with Shattered Crystal social night
                      > etc. This past year we had Shattered Crystal Night, Conna's Vigil Night, the
                      > Grand Ball and a Trimarian Caroso night. I'll need a liason/scheduler for
                      > those nights - a sponsoring group will be in charge of it's own setup, tear
                      > down, music coordinating (though they can contact and use our glorious
                      > misicians if they're willing) food etc. I am also kicking around the idea of
                      > having the dancers host a pas d'armes or a tourney - no real details on that
                      > yet just an idea. We'll again have a wide variety of classes with Seonaid as
                      > Class Coordinator and we have many opportunities to make dancing visible and
                      > the party it deserves to be throughout the war. So far this is where I'm at
                      > - mostly rambling and kicking around ideas. This is the time to be flexible
                      > and play with thoughts we'll start shoring things up after the new year of
                      > course. It's always exciting for me to make dancing happen and it's even
                      > more exciting as a team effort.

                      > Society for creative anachronism Medieval and renaissance costume
                      > Medieval armor
                      > Medieval art Medieval costume Medieval knights
                      >

                      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                      >
                      > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
                      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
                      > *
                      > *
                      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    • Lisa Adams
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
                        I'd love to help out. However, my best friend is getting married the second weekend of Lilies next year and I'm her matron of honor. Not sure how much of Lilies I'll make it to...
                        ~Marion~
                        I realize that it's waaaay too early to be thinking about this but hey I'm
                        nutty like that. I'm going to be trying some different things with European
                        Dance at Lilies in 2006 and will need a great team to pull it off. If you'd
                        like to get involved or would like badgered into getting involved in making
                        dance rock in Calontir - this is a great opportunity. Please contact me off
                        list or at any of the 3 million events between now and the next Lilies war.
                        I'd be happy to give you more information and put your energy to use. I
                        especially will need an Activity Liason, a Food Coordinator, a
                        Setup/Teardown Chief, A Raffle Rat and a Publicity Monkey. Interested? Lets
                        go!

                      • Christian M. Cepel
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 8, 2005
                          Put me on the list of folks willing to help out.

                          //Philippe