[Northshield] Seeking Dance Instructors and Musicians

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
      From: Wulfric <wulfric@...>
      Reply To: The Great Hall of Northshield <northshield@...>
      To: <ns-dance@...>, <sca-dance@...>, "The Great Hall
      of Northshield" <northshield@...>
      Subject: [Northshield] Seeking Dance Instructors and Musicians.....
      Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2005 1:01 PM
      Greetings,

      On October 1st, 2005, the Shire of Rockwall will be holding Day of Arbeau
      II: Dance 'til you're Dead in Janesville, WI. We are currently seeking
      instructors and would like to offer classes for all levels of dancers. I
      would also be interested in hearing about other dance related classes people
      may be interested in. Last year, there was a class titled "Beg your Pardon,
      Monsieur Arbeau?", which worked from Arbeau's Orchesography to reconstruct
      dances that have become common in our Society. Those who were in class were
      able to learn about doing reconstructions and got to see how some the dances
      evolved from the manual into how we commonly dance them today. I would love
      to see this class and/or similar classes this year.

      We are also seeking musicians for the evening ball. Last year, we had a
      "pick-up" band which worked wonderfully. This year we would like continue
      this option. If you would be interested in playing for the ball, I would
      very much like to hear from you. I would also like to invite established
      music groups to lend your skills to the band or perhaps join a rotation for
      the ball. This would allow the musicians to also join in the dancing if they
      wish.

      For additional information about the event you can visit
      http://www.shireofrockwall.org/events/doa2 or contact me. We are still
      working out some of the details of the event so some things may change. The
      proposed ball list is posted, but this may change as I recieve input. I will
      be defining the schedule as I hear from you.

      In Service,
      Wulfric Ferreter
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
        Hey Folks - this is about 5 1/2 hours from St Louis (That's closer than
        Lonley Tower, La Grande Tent and many other near in Kingdom places) It might
        be fun to show them the amazing depth of knowelge, talent and damn good time
        having skills that Calontir can offer a dance event. Who knows - -maybe we
        can even persuade them to take Hole in the Wall off of thier ball and add
        something oh I don't know - -period. :) Serously though, they've got a great
        theme and look really into doing this event well - lets try to make a
        showing.

        Psssst - Buffens team - It's and ARBEAU day - ahem Buffens is from Arbeau
        and isn't mentioned anywhere on thier site- -bwa ha ha wanna go show 'em how
        cool it is?

        Tsire *giggling merrily to herself at potential mischief*
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
          I have to admit I was plenty shocked when I mapquested this site and it
          turned up at a trip of only 5 1/2 hours. Made me think it would be a hoot to
          go and check it out. Count me in as someone very interested in the
          possibility of going...

          Conna

          On 7/5/05 1:32 PM, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...> wrote:

          > Hey Folks - this is about 5 1/2 hours from St Louis (That's closer than
          > Lonley Tower, La Grande Tent and many other near in Kingdom places) It might
          > be fun to show them the amazing depth of knowelge, talent and damn good time
          > having skills that Calontir can offer a dance event. Who knows - -maybe we
          > can even persuade them to take Hole in the Wall off of thier ball and add
          > something oh I don't know - -period. :) Serously though, they've got a great
          > theme and look really into doing this event well - lets try to make a
          > showing.
          >
          > Psssst - Buffens team - It's and ARBEAU day - ahem Buffens is from Arbeau
          > and isn't mentioned anywhere on thier site- -bwa ha ha wanna go show 'em how
          > cool it is?
          >
          > Tsire *giggling merrily to herself at potential mischief*
          >

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
          > *
          > *
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Stewart, Sara
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
            I am going, and am willing to give rides or carpool as the case may be.

            Seonaid

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
              Maybe we should try to assemble a gaggle type trip - those with longer
              distances could come to 3 rivers Friday night and we could leave at the
              crack o dawn Saturday morning -carpooling would make it an easier drive for
              everyone - just an idea - nothing like a solid plan here. :)

              Tsire

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
                Conna's house is on the way!

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
                  With lots of room for guests!
                  Conna

                  On 7/5/05 2:06 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                  > Conna's house is on the way!
                  >

                  > Maybe we should try to assemble a gaggle type trip - those with longer
                  > distances could come to 3 rivers Friday night and we could leave at the
                  > crack o dawn Saturday morning -carpooling would make it an easier drive for
                  > everyone - just an idea - nothing like a solid plan here. :)
                  >
                  > Tsire
                  >
                  >> >From: "Carol O'Connell" <carol.oconnell@...>
                  >> >To: "CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com" <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
                  >> >Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] RE: [Northshield] Seeking Dance Instructorsand
                  >> >Musicians
                  >> >Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:35:21 -0500
                  >> >
                  >> >I have to admit I was plenty shocked when I mapquested this site and it
                  >> >turned up at a trip of only 5 1/2 hours. Made me think it would be a hoot
                  >> >go and check it out. Count me in as someone very interested in the
                  >> >possibility of going...
                  >> >
                  >> >Conna

                  >> >might
                  >> >time
                  >> >we
                  >> >add
                  >> >great

                  >> >Arbeau
                  >> >how

                  > Society for creative anachronism Medieval and renaissance costume
                  > Medieval armor
                  > Medieval art Medieval costume Medieval knights
                  >

                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                  >
                  > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
                  > *
                  > *
                  > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • Doug & Donna Winters
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 5, 2005
                    Of course, Hannibal is even closer. I am thinking that I will have to plan
                    my trip to Europe around this event. :-)
                    ~Ailsa~