Crystal Ball

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 17, 1999
      Hi, folks.

      It's official. I just received the dance list/music from Baroness Alphia.

      First set:
      Carolingian Pavan
      Calontir Branle
      John Tallow's Cannon
      Mairi's Wedding
      Leoncello Vecchio
      Scots Branle
      Hyde Park
      Petit
      Virens
      Argeers
      Hole in the Wall

      Second set:
      Korobushka
      Montard
      RostiBoli
      Heralds in Love
      Pizocara
      Rufty Tufty
      Postie's Jig
      Spangoletta
      Black Alman
      Trenchmore

      Third set:
      Road to the Isles
      Heart's Ease
      Piantone (pinwheel Italian)
      Lord Carnevon's Jigg
      Ly Bens Distonys (Greesly)
      Earl of Essex Pavan
      Grimstock
      Lady Cullen
      Anello
      Quen Quer Que (Sion's Brnl)

      Fourth set:
      Sellingers Round
      Newcastle
      Official Branle
      Earl of Salisbury Pavanne
      Maid Peept Out the Window
      Dashing White Sergeant
      Scotch Cap
      Karapyet
      Bassa Lauro
      Laendler

      There are two more sets, but I figured that's enough for now.

      Katriana, send me your mailing address and I'll send you a packet of the music.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
        As Calon Con has been moved to the 9th (at least in part due to CB)
        there is no conflict this year. Yeah!

        Conrad

        Crystal Ball packets of music are being prepared as I type. (Yes, record
        time!) They will mail out perhaps as early as this weekend.

        Katriana, I've got you down as coming (presumptious of me, isn't it!).
        Crystal Ball will be held November 2. Any other musicians planning to
        come play?

      • Carol O'Connell of Graphic World

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
            --- "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:
            > As Calon Con has been moved to the 9th (at least in
            > part due to CB)
            > there is no conflict this year. Yeah!
            >
            > Conrad

            I dunno, that means I have no excuse for missing the
            meetings!

            katriana
            Of COURSE I'll be at Crystal Ball!

            http://finance.yahoo.com
          • Rowan of Three Rivers
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
              You know, you COULD post the list of dances for the rest of us :)
              Rowan

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
                What? And spoil the surprise?

                I left the list at home. I'll try to post them tomorrow or Monday.

                C.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
                  Rowan,

                  You can get a list of the dacnes from the Crystal Ball web site.

                  http://www.geocities.com/baronysc/crystalball.html

                • Carol O'Connell of Graphic World
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 5, 2002
                    Those are the sets from last year. There has been a bit of shuffling, but
                    it'll still be the standard stuff.

                    Conna

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 16, 2008
                      Hey there Dancers! It's time for the 25th Crystal Ball! This year it shall be held November 8th in Dupo, IL (In the southern Greater St. Louis Area) Join the Barony of Shattered Crystal for a day of classes, the return of the Dance Jeopardy game show, a Caroso style period dance ball, a wondrous feast, and an all night 'everything' ball with a desert revel featuring more chocolate than should be allowed in one place by law. Still want more? Request dancing greets the dawn, they keep going till you're not upright! A tentative set list is posted in the links section for this group. See you there,Ms. Tsire Tuzevo
                    • Conna
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 16, 2008
                        Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
                        Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.

                        It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
                        kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
                        organizing everything and for all the fun!

                        Conna
                      • psy_sarah
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 18, 2008
                          It's under files entitiled Crystal Ball XXV, not links, so you can
                          find it there
                          Arina