RE: [CalontirDance] Class Schedule is Up

  • Chris Lewis
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
      If you want to do that, then we can do that, Can we firm that up on Monday
      so I can take a couple days and work on other things (I have a major test
      coming up on Thursday mundanely and need to focus on that for the weekend)
      and I can move that around by the time the event gets here.

      -Roberto

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
        The only problem with planning the ball the day of the event is that the
        musicians need to have any necessary sheet music at the event. But I'm sure
        there's a way to work around that.

        Will the ball be selected only from classes being taught that day? If so,
        then I can just prep based on that info. (Is there a list of what dances are
        being taught in each of the classes?)

        Thanks!
        Conna

        From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
        Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:46:59 -0600
        To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

        Actually I think thats a great idea

        Roberto - are you happy having 2 open spots (9am room 1 & 4pm room 2) or do
        you want us to come up with 2 more classes for you?

        Everyone - since I'm leading a Ball Planning discussion over lunch we could
        possibly set the ball list during that time - it would not be our normal
        plan light years ahead game but might be interesting as an exercise. Just an
        idea and probably not the best one - I'd love to hear comments.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
          Conna - This is a strong and valid point - The lack of available live music
          is the main downfall I can think of for this plan. However - I'm sure we can
          put together what is being taught and add to that what we usually like to do
          ( see lilies ball lists from years past, pennsic pile, and well ... anything
          Seonaid and I have begged you to play lately) That might work.

          The class schedule lists only classes - not the dances being taught - but
          I think I may be able to put a rough list together later today from what's
          been out on this list. The class list lacks some dance types such as almans,
          bransles, pavannes, greesley, and many SCA pop-faves. One of the points I
          intend to raise during the planning discussion is that of balance - so just
          going with what is taught that day could pose a problem there. This is my
          reasoning for including past Lilies Ball lists or a recent pennsic pile.

          I know it's shameful but I could also provide recorded music if there is
          something that we're just dying to have on the ball that you all dont have
          or just dont like to play. I ALWAYS prefer live music to recorded tracks
          but, if we have to, we can supplement with the recorded resources.

          Lots of thoughts on this - I'll try not to go too far out of the box and
          would be giddy with delight if the musicisan woudl attend the ball planning
          dicsussion. Live music coordinating and the view point of the musician are
          badly in need of representation here. With the musicians or a
          representative there we could make use to keep our ball within the set of
          music there that day. Whaddyathink??

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
            That sounds great! If you can, please send me the list of dances being
            taught (as well as any that you think might be wanted for the ball).

            A lot of the newer musicians don't have past Lilies music or Pennsic piles.
            I'd like to avoid making 12 copies of all of that stuff if it's possible to
            narrow it down some. It sounds like you understand exactly what I need.

            And definitely not a problem for musicians to drop out on a few as needed if
            we don't have the sheet music, and you can dance to recorded music.

            Thanks!
            Conna

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
              Oh, and I know of at least of couple of us that plan on being at your
              roundtable!

              Conna