RE: [CalontirDance] Class Schedule is Up

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
      Actually I think thats a great idea

      From: Tsire Tuzevo [mailto:tsire@...]
      Sent: Fri 3/25/2005 12:38 PM
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Class Schedule is Up

      Yay class schedule - it looks great!-

      Roberto - are you happy having 2 open spots (9am room 1 & 4pm room 2) or do
      you want us to come up with 2 more classes for you?

      Everyone - since I'm leading a Ball Planning discussion over lunch we could
      possibly set the ball list during that time - it would not be our normal
      plan light years ahead game but might be interesting as an exercise. Just an
      idea and probably not the best one - I'd love to hear comments.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
        Actually I would prefer moving the teaching dance to the
        4-5 slot in the afternoon.

        Its not really an inspiring class first thin in the morning.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
          I had agreed to not put any of the dancing classes at 9 am, so Conrad's
          class got put there, as it's an actual sit down class. And I'm okay with
          the 1 class being 'let's all get together and dance. We might even want to
          consider moving it to the 'ball room' if enough are interested in it and
          court is going to be there. Just a thought.

          -Roberto

          Roberto - are you happy having 2 open spots (9am room 1 & 4pm room 2) or do
          you want us to come up with 2 more classes for you?

          Everyone - since I'm leading a Ball Planning discussion over lunch we could
          possibly set the ball list during that time - it would not be our normal
          plan light years ahead game but might be interesting as an exercise. Just an

          idea and probably not the best one - I'd love to hear comments.

          Tsire

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129oa30fj/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1111862294/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
          etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2593423/rand=768045169>

          _____

        • Chris Lewis
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
            If you want to do that, then we can do that, Can we firm that up on Monday
            so I can take a couple days and work on other things (I have a major test
            coming up on Thursday mundanely and need to focus on that for the weekend)
            and I can move that around by the time the event gets here.

            -Roberto

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dcvplg/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1111870207/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
            etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2593423/rand=376115018>

            _____

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
              The only problem with planning the ball the day of the event is that the
              musicians need to have any necessary sheet music at the event. But I'm sure
              there's a way to work around that.

              Will the ball be selected only from classes being taught that day? If so,
              then I can just prep based on that info. (Is there a list of what dances are
              being taught in each of the classes?)

              Thanks!
              Conna

              From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
              Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:46:59 -0600
              To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

              Actually I think thats a great idea

              Roberto - are you happy having 2 open spots (9am room 1 & 4pm room 2) or do
              you want us to come up with 2 more classes for you?

              Everyone - since I'm leading a Ball Planning discussion over lunch we could
              possibly set the ball list during that time - it would not be our normal
              plan light years ahead game but might be interesting as an exercise. Just an
              idea and probably not the best one - I'd love to hear comments.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                Conna - This is a strong and valid point - The lack of available live music
                is the main downfall I can think of for this plan. However - I'm sure we can
                put together what is being taught and add to that what we usually like to do
                ( see lilies ball lists from years past, pennsic pile, and well ... anything
                Seonaid and I have begged you to play lately) That might work.

                The class schedule lists only classes - not the dances being taught - but
                I think I may be able to put a rough list together later today from what's
                been out on this list. The class list lacks some dance types such as almans,
                bransles, pavannes, greesley, and many SCA pop-faves. One of the points I
                intend to raise during the planning discussion is that of balance - so just
                going with what is taught that day could pose a problem there. This is my
                reasoning for including past Lilies Ball lists or a recent pennsic pile.

                I know it's shameful but I could also provide recorded music if there is
                something that we're just dying to have on the ball that you all dont have
                or just dont like to play. I ALWAYS prefer live music to recorded tracks
                but, if we have to, we can supplement with the recorded resources.

                Lots of thoughts on this - I'll try not to go too far out of the box and
                would be giddy with delight if the musicisan woudl attend the ball planning
                dicsussion. Live music coordinating and the view point of the musician are
                badly in need of representation here. With the musicians or a
                representative there we could make use to keep our ball within the set of
                music there that day. Whaddyathink??

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                  That sounds great! If you can, please send me the list of dances being
                  taught (as well as any that you think might be wanted for the ball).

                  A lot of the newer musicians don't have past Lilies music or Pennsic piles.
                  I'd like to avoid making 12 copies of all of that stuff if it's possible to
                  narrow it down some. It sounds like you understand exactly what I need.

                  And definitely not a problem for musicians to drop out on a few as needed if
                  we don't have the sheet music, and you can dance to recorded music.

                  Thanks!
                  Conna

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                    Oh, and I know of at least of couple of us that plan on being at your
                    roundtable!

                    Conna