Class Schedule is Up

  • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
      Okay the class schedule is up on the website.

      http://ssmc.truman.edu/class.html

      Also, I think now that the classes are set, we should build a ball
      list? I am sorry that I havn't given more input on this but i'm a
      little burried with mundane work right now. The ball is scheduled
      from 8pm - 11pm, so however many sets we think we can fit in. There
      may be a chance to start earlier, but the end time is firm.

      -Roberto
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
        Yay class schedule - it looks great!-

        Roberto - are you happy having 2 open spots (9am room 1 & 4pm room 2) or do
        you want us to come up with 2 more classes for you?

        Everyone - since I'm leading a Ball Planning discussion over lunch we could
        possibly set the ball list during that time - it would not be our normal
        plan light years ahead game but might be interesting as an exercise. Just an
        idea and probably not the best one - I'd love to hear comments.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
          Actually I think thats a great idea

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
            Actually I would prefer moving the teaching dance to the
            4-5 slot in the afternoon.

            Its not really an inspiring class first thin in the morning.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
              I had agreed to not put any of the dancing classes at 9 am, so Conrad's
              class got put there, as it's an actual sit down class. And I'm okay with
              the 1 class being 'let's all get together and dance. We might even want to
              consider moving it to the 'ball room' if enough are interested in it and
              court is going to be there. Just a thought.

              -Roberto

              Roberto - are you happy having 2 open spots (9am room 1 & 4pm room 2) or do
              you want us to come up with 2 more classes for you?

              Everyone - since I'm leading a Ball Planning discussion over lunch we could
              possibly set the ball list during that time - it would not be our normal
              plan light years ahead game but might be interesting as an exercise. Just an

              idea and probably not the best one - I'd love to hear comments.

              Tsire

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129oa30fj/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1111862294/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
              etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
              :HM/A=2593423/rand=768045169>

              _____

            • Chris Lewis
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 25, 2005
                If you want to do that, then we can do that, Can we firm that up on Monday
                so I can take a couple days and work on other things (I have a major test
                coming up on Thursday mundanely and need to focus on that for the weekend)
                and I can move that around by the time the event gets here.

                -Roberto

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dcvplg/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
                oups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1111870207/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http:/www.n
                etflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
                :HM/A=2593423/rand=376115018>

                _____

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                  The only problem with planning the ball the day of the event is that the
                  musicians need to have any necessary sheet music at the event. But I'm sure
                  there's a way to work around that.

                  Will the ball be selected only from classes being taught that day? If so,
                  then I can just prep based on that info. (Is there a list of what dances are
                  being taught in each of the classes?)

                  Thanks!
                  Conna

                  From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
                  Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:46:59 -0600
                  To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

                  Actually I think thats a great idea

                  Roberto - are you happy having 2 open spots (9am room 1 & 4pm room 2) or do
                  you want us to come up with 2 more classes for you?

                  Everyone - since I'm leading a Ball Planning discussion over lunch we could
                  possibly set the ball list during that time - it would not be our normal
                  plan light years ahead game but might be interesting as an exercise. Just an
                  idea and probably not the best one - I'd love to hear comments.

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                  To visit your group on the web, go to:

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                    Conna - This is a strong and valid point - The lack of available live music
                    is the main downfall I can think of for this plan. However - I'm sure we can
                    put together what is being taught and add to that what we usually like to do
                    ( see lilies ball lists from years past, pennsic pile, and well ... anything
                    Seonaid and I have begged you to play lately) That might work.

                    The class schedule lists only classes - not the dances being taught - but
                    I think I may be able to put a rough list together later today from what's
                    been out on this list. The class list lacks some dance types such as almans,
                    bransles, pavannes, greesley, and many SCA pop-faves. One of the points I
                    intend to raise during the planning discussion is that of balance - so just
                    going with what is taught that day could pose a problem there. This is my
                    reasoning for including past Lilies Ball lists or a recent pennsic pile.

                    I know it's shameful but I could also provide recorded music if there is
                    something that we're just dying to have on the ball that you all dont have
                    or just dont like to play. I ALWAYS prefer live music to recorded tracks
                    but, if we have to, we can supplement with the recorded resources.

                    Lots of thoughts on this - I'll try not to go too far out of the box and
                    would be giddy with delight if the musicisan woudl attend the ball planning
                    dicsussion. Live music coordinating and the view point of the musician are
                    badly in need of representation here. With the musicians or a
                    representative there we could make use to keep our ball within the set of
                    music there that day. Whaddyathink??

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                      That sounds great! If you can, please send me the list of dances being
                      taught (as well as any that you think might be wanted for the ball).

                      A lot of the newer musicians don't have past Lilies music or Pennsic piles.
                      I'd like to avoid making 12 copies of all of that stuff if it's possible to
                      narrow it down some. It sounds like you understand exactly what I need.

                      And definitely not a problem for musicians to drop out on a few as needed if
                      we don't have the sheet music, and you can dance to recorded music.

                      Thanks!
                      Conna

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 28, 2005
                        Oh, and I know of at least of couple of us that plan on being at your
                        roundtable!

                        Conna