Lilies Ball

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 13, 2005
      OK So heres the tentative list for the Lilies ball

      Comments welcome - but I leave for GW soon
      and won't be back until monday the 21st

      Conrad

      Set 1

      I - Petit Vriens
      A - Calontir Bransle
      E- Heart's Ease
      E - Rufty Tufty
      O - Queen's Alman
      I - La Chirintana

      Set 2

      A - Bransle Suite - Pease, Turkish, Official
      I - Ballo del Fiore
      E - Gathering Peascods
      I - Amoroso
      E- Newcastle
      I - Furioso

      Set 3

      G - Ly Bens Distonys
      A - Bransle Suite - Pinagay, Charlotte, Eccose
      B - Joyous (Cervera)
      E - Selengers Round
      I - Gracca Amorosa
      E - My Lady Cullen

      Set 4

      I - Rosti Boli
      E- Chesnut
      I - Contropasso in Due
      I - Villanella
      I - Bizzaria d'Amore
      E - Goddesses

      Requests to follow

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 22, 2006
        Hey folks - it's that time of year again. I'm about to put together tha
        Lilies Ball dance list. Any suggestions? Favorites? Oh good god not ever
        agains? Let me know - I want it to reflect community tastes and not just my
        own idea of a good time.

        Also I plan to have open or scheduled evenign dancing as many nights as
        possible - if you or a group of you and your friends want to host a night
        please let me know very very soon.
        Tsire

        PS = any volunteers or suggestions on who to convince to do food this year?
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 22, 2006
          Petit Vrien? Pretty please?

          Conna

          On 3/22/06 3:05 PM, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...> wrote:

          > Hey folks - it's that time of year again. I'm about to put together tha
          > Lilies Ball dance list. Any suggestions? Favorites? Oh good god not ever
          > agains? Let me know - I want it to reflect community tastes and not just my
          > own idea of a good time.
          >
          > Also I plan to have open or scheduled evenign dancing as many nights as
          > possible - if you or a group of you and your friends want to host a night
          > please let me know very very soon.
          > Tsire
          >
          > PS = any volunteers or suggestions on who to convince to do food this year?
          >

          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > * Visit your group "CalontirDance
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CalontirDance> " on the web.
          > *
          > *
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Kat Pogatshnik
          Message 4 of 10 , May 25, 2012
            Here's the ball list and I'm working on getting links to the music. I
            should have them by early next week and I will also see about getting them
            posted to the Lilies website :)

            ~Alessandra

          • Kat Pogatshnik
            Message 5 of 10 , May 25, 2012
              My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
              e-mail.

              Set I:
              Carolingian Pavan
              Gathering Peascods
              Amoroso
              Jenny Pluck Pears
              Horse's Bransle
              Flugente Stella
              Chestnut
              My Lady Cullen

              Set 2:
              Black Alman
              Heart's Ease
              Rosti Boli
              Maltese Bransle
              Gracca Amorosa
              LyBiens Destony
              Candida Luna
              Petit Vriens

              Set 3:
              Candlestick Bransle
              Gelosia
              New Castle
              Madam Sosilia
              Contrapasso in Due
              Confess
              Official Bransle
              Heralds in Love

              Set 4:
              Requests

            • Brenda Knox
              Message 6 of 10 , May 25, 2012
                Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
                need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
                had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
                Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
                this
                Brenda

                Message 7 of 10 , May 25, 2012
                  Brighid, let me know if you hit any snags with trying to find tunes, and
                  I'll try to help out as I'm able.

                  Looking forward to Lilies!
                  HRM Conna

                  On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM, Brenda Knox <brendacknox@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks, Allessandra. There have been a few changes, looks like. Yes, I do
                  > need the links. I have some of these pulled-out from the previous list, but
                  > had several versions of the most common ones. Some of these are new to me.
                  > Is Lucia helping you get the versions she wants? I hope so...Thanks for
                  > this
                  > Brenda
                  >
                  > On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Kat Pogatshnik <k.pogatshnik@...
                  > >wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > My appologies, I forgot to actually put the ball list on the previous
                  > > e-mail.
                  > >
                  > > Set I:
                  > > Carolingian Pavan
                  > > Gathering Peascods
                  > > Amoroso
                  > > Jenny Pluck Pears
                  > > Horse's Bransle
                  > > Flugente Stella
                  > > Chestnut
                  > > My Lady Cullen
                  > >
                  > > Set 2:
                  > > Black Alman
                  > > Heart's Ease
                  > > Rosti Boli
                  > > Maltese Bransle
                  > > Gracca Amorosa
                  > > LyBiens Destony
                  > > Candida Luna
                  > > Petit Vriens
                  > >
                  > > Set 3:
                  > > Candlestick Bransle
                  > > Gelosia
                  > > New Castle
                  > > Madam Sosilia
                  > > Contrapasso in Due
                  > > Confess
                  > > Official Bransle
                  > > Heralds in Love
                  > >
                  > > Set 4:
                  > > Requests

                • Brenda Knox
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 25, 2012
                    Why thank you, Your Majesty. Since I am not conducting this ball, I am not
                    so worried about it. And, in the Shattered Crystal Ball, there are only
                    two tunes I wasn't familiar with. By now, we are all getting a little more
                    comfortable with more arrangements, (like the ones that are "free for use
                    in the SCA!) And, I may even now have time and the right mental state to
                    actually practice!
                    I will let you know when I get links next week from Alessandra.
                    Thanks,
                    Brighid

                  • Corros Murphy
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 28, 2012
                      Good gentiles, On Saturday June 9 there is an afternoon Ball from 2-3:30. Any musicians who can lend their talent would be greatly appreciated. The Set list is as follows:

                      Set 1
                      Carolingian Pav
                      Horses' Branle
                      Petit Vriens
                      Hearts Ease
                      Le Bens Distonys
                      Official Branle
                      Rufty Tufty

                      set 2
                      Jenny Pluck Pears
                      Gathering Peascods
                      Rosti Boli
                      Sellingers Round
                      Black Nag
                      Pease Bransle
                      Gelosia

                      This will be a teaching ball to hopefully teach some of the fun favorite dances we love so much to an entirely new group of dancers.

                      If you can lend your assistance, or if you have any questions, please contact Magdalene von Osnabrueck (maggiethemusician@...) or myself (Corros_Murphy@... or Shaun Dignan on Facebook)

                      Many Thanks,

                      Wolfram Janssen
                    • Magdalene von Osnabrueck
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 30, 2012
                        Greetings! Below are the links to the music for the Beginner's Ball.

                        Lilies Beginner's Ball

                        Set 1

                        Carolingian Pavan: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/bellequ5.pdf

                        Horses' Branle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Shawm/horse.pdf

                        Petit Vriens: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/PETIT_V.pdf

                        Hearts Ease: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_hearts_ease_phaedria.pdf

                        Ly Bens Distonys: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/scadance/LyBens.pdf

                        Official Bransle: Christian d�Hiver's version. Copies will
                        be provided

                        Rufty Tufty: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/rufty.pdf

                        set 2

                        Jenny Pluck Pears: www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/playford_jenny_plucks_pears_robert.pdf

                        Gathering Peascods: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/PEASCOD.PDF

                        Rosti Boli: Aaron Pavao's version, (John Chandler, arr.) Copies
                        will be provided.

                        Sellingers Round: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/selliger.pdf

                        Black Nag: K. Stuart and Steve Hendrick's version. Copies will be
                        provided

                        Pease Bransle: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/pease_b.pdf

                        Gelosia: http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Geoffrey/GELOSIA.PDF

                        YIS, Magdalene von Osnabrueck