Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8 8:53 AM
      Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
      Belle Qui
      montard branles
      pinagay
      contrapasso in duo
      rosti boli
      argeers
      petite riens
      amoroso

      Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
      And at least one from the not period but damn fun
      Rowan
      -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
      really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
      10... ;)

    • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8 10:41 AM
        Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
        dances I like that fall into a period category.

        Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
        in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
        The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
        listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

        Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

        -Roberto

        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
        wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
        > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
        other
        > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
        and you
        > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
        must know
        > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
        grossly out
        > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
        >
        > Tsire
        > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
        her head
      • Malina
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 9 2:16 PM
          I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
          event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
          am more excited each day.

          > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
          > would others be interested in that?

          This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
          as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
          classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
          choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

          I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

          Malina