Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8 8:53 AM
      Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
      Belle Qui
      montard branles
      pinagay
      contrapasso in duo
      rosti boli
      argeers
      petite riens
      amoroso

      Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
      And at least one from the not period but damn fun
      Rowan
      -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
      really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
      10... ;)

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8 9:40 AM
        Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

        Tsire

      • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8 10:41 AM
          Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
          dances I like that fall into a period category.

          Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
          in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
          The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
          listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

          Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

          -Roberto

          --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
          wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >
          > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
          > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
          other
          > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
          and you
          > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
          must know
          > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
          grossly out
          > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
          >
          > Tsire
          > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
          her head
        • Malina
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 9 2:16 PM
            I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
            event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
            am more excited each day.

            > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
            > would others be interested in that?

            This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
            as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
            classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
            choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

            I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

            Malina