Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
      Yay! Petite Riens and Amoroso! We love to play those two. Can we add those
      two, please? And actually, we don't mind Newcastle, either. :)

      Conna

      From: rowan@...
      Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:11 -0000
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

      > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
      drawn
      > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
      > recommended from each class by its instructor?

      Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
      Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
      Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
      musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

      Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
      (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
      too)

      Rowan
      who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
      anyway.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • rowan@french.toast.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
        Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
        Belle Qui
        montard branles
        pinagay
        contrapasso in duo
        rosti boli
        argeers
        petite riens
        amoroso

        Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
        And at least one from the not period but damn fun
        Rowan
        -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
        really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
        10... ;)

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
          Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

          Tsire

        • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
            Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
            dances I like that fall into a period category.

            Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
            in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
            The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
            listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

            Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

            -Roberto

            --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
            wrote:

            > Hey guys,
            >
            > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
            > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
            other
            > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
            and you
            > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
            must know
            > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
            grossly out
            > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
            >
            > Tsire
            > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
            her head
          • Malina
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 9, 2005
              I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
              event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
              am more excited each day.

              > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
              > would others be interested in that?

              This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
              as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
              classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
              choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

              I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

              Malina