RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8 8:37 AM
      Dances from my French class are :Causelle, Montard branles, pinagay ,
      scottish branles, Charlotte, and Belle Qui Pavane(Carolingian)
      From the Italian class: Contrapasso in Duo, Ballo del Fiore, Gracca
      Amorosa and if time Bizzaria

      From those, for the ball I would suggest: Belle Qui, montard branles,
      pinagay (because it is cute, and easier than Charlotte), and contrapasso
      at least.

      I would also second Rosti boli

      Thanks,
      Seonaid

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8 8:38 AM
        Yay! Petite Riens and Amoroso! We love to play those two. Can we add those
        two, please? And actually, we don't mind Newcastle, either. :)

        Conna

        From: rowan@...
        Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:11 -0000
        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

        > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
        drawn
        > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
        > recommended from each class by its instructor?

        Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
        Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
        Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
        musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

        Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
        (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
        too)

        Rowan
        who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
        anyway.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • rowan@french.toast.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8 8:53 AM
          Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
          Belle Qui
          montard branles
          pinagay
          contrapasso in duo
          rosti boli
          argeers
          petite riens
          amoroso

          Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
          And at least one from the not period but damn fun
          Rowan
          -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
          really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
          10... ;)

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8 9:40 AM
            Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

            Tsire

          • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8 10:41 AM
              Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
              dances I like that fall into a period category.

              Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
              in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
              The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
              listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

              Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

              -Roberto

              --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
              wrote:

              > Hey guys,
              >
              > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
              > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
              other
              > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
              and you
              > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
              must know
              > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
              grossly out
              > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
              >
              > Tsire
              > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
              her head
            • Malina
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 9 2:16 PM
                I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
                event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
                am more excited each day.

                > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
                > would others be interested in that?

                This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
                as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
                classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
                choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

                I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

                Malina