RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
      Hey guys,

      Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
      I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any other
      contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these and you
      will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are must know
      and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are grossly out
      of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*

      Tsire
      PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left her head
    • Stewart, Sara
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
        Dances from my French class are :Causelle, Montard branles, pinagay ,
        scottish branles, Charlotte, and Belle Qui Pavane(Carolingian)
        From the Italian class: Contrapasso in Duo, Ballo del Fiore, Gracca
        Amorosa and if time Bizzaria

        From those, for the ball I would suggest: Belle Qui, montard branles,
        pinagay (because it is cute, and easier than Charlotte), and contrapasso
        at least.

        I would also second Rosti boli

        Thanks,
        Seonaid

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
          Yay! Petite Riens and Amoroso! We love to play those two. Can we add those
          two, please? And actually, we don't mind Newcastle, either. :)

          Conna

          From: rowan@...
          Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:11 -0000
          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

          > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
          drawn
          > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
          > recommended from each class by its instructor?

          Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
          Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
          Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
          musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

          Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
          (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
          too)

          Rowan
          who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
          anyway.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

          Yahoo! Groups Links
          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • rowan@french.toast.net
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
            Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
            Belle Qui
            montard branles
            pinagay
            contrapasso in duo
            rosti boli
            argeers
            petite riens
            amoroso

            Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
            And at least one from the not period but damn fun
            Rowan
            -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
            really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
            10... ;)

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
              Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

              Tsire

            • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
                dances I like that fall into a period category.

                Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
                in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
                The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
                listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

                Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

                -Roberto

                --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
                wrote:

                > Hey guys,
                >
                > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
                > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
                other
                > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
                and you
                > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
                must know
                > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
                grossly out
                > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
                >
                > Tsire
                > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
                her head
              • Malina
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 9, 2005
                  I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
                  event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
                  am more excited each day.

                  > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
                  > would others be interested in that?

                  This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
                  as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
                  classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
                  choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

                  I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

                  Malina