RE: [CalontirDance] Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
      I teach Contrapasso in my 16th century Italian class.
      Seonaid

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
        Hey guys,

        Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
        I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any other
        contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these and you
        will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are must know
        and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are grossly out
        of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*

        Tsire
        PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left her head
      • Stewart, Sara
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
          Dances from my French class are :Causelle, Montard branles, pinagay ,
          scottish branles, Charlotte, and Belle Qui Pavane(Carolingian)
          From the Italian class: Contrapasso in Duo, Ballo del Fiore, Gracca
          Amorosa and if time Bizzaria

          From those, for the ball I would suggest: Belle Qui, montard branles,
          pinagay (because it is cute, and easier than Charlotte), and contrapasso
          at least.

          I would also second Rosti boli

          Thanks,
          Seonaid

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
            Yay! Petite Riens and Amoroso! We love to play those two. Can we add those
            two, please? And actually, we don't mind Newcastle, either. :)

            Conna

            From: rowan@...
            Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:11 -0000
            To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

            > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
            drawn
            > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
            > recommended from each class by its instructor?

            Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
            Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
            Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
            musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

            Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
            (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
            too)

            Rowan
            who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
            anyway.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • rowan@french.toast.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
              Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
              Belle Qui
              montard branles
              pinagay
              contrapasso in duo
              rosti boli
              argeers
              petite riens
              amoroso

              Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
              And at least one from the not period but damn fun
              Rowan
              -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
              really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
              10... ;)

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

                Tsire

              • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                  Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
                  dances I like that fall into a period category.

                  Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
                  in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
                  The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
                  listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

                  Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

                  -Roberto

                  --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hey guys,
                  >
                  > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
                  > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
                  other
                  > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
                  and you
                  > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
                  must know
                  > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
                  grossly out
                  > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
                  >
                  > Tsire
                  > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
                  her head
                • Malina
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 9, 2005
                    I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
                    event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
                    am more excited each day.

                    > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
                    > would others be interested in that?

                    This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
                    as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
                    classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
                    choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

                    I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

                    Malina