Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8 8:21 AM
      > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
      drawn
      > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
      > recommended from each class by its instructor?

      Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
      Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
      Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
      musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

      Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
      (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
      too)

      Rowan
      who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
      anyway.
    • Stewart, Sara
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8 8:27 AM
        I teach Contrapasso in my 16th century Italian class.
        Seonaid

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8 8:35 AM
          Hey guys,

          Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
          I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any other
          contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these and you
          will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are must know
          and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are grossly out
          of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*

          Tsire
          PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left her head
        • Stewart, Sara
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8 8:37 AM
            Dances from my French class are :Causelle, Montard branles, pinagay ,
            scottish branles, Charlotte, and Belle Qui Pavane(Carolingian)
            From the Italian class: Contrapasso in Duo, Ballo del Fiore, Gracca
            Amorosa and if time Bizzaria

            From those, for the ball I would suggest: Belle Qui, montard branles,
            pinagay (because it is cute, and easier than Charlotte), and contrapasso
            at least.

            I would also second Rosti boli

            Thanks,
            Seonaid

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8 8:38 AM
              Yay! Petite Riens and Amoroso! We love to play those two. Can we add those
              two, please? And actually, we don't mind Newcastle, either. :)

              Conna

              From: rowan@...
              Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:11 -0000
              To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

              > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
              drawn
              > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
              > recommended from each class by its instructor?

              Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
              Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
              Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
              musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

              Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
              (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
              too)

              Rowan
              who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
              anyway.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • rowan@french.toast.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 8 8:53 AM
                Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
                Belle Qui
                montard branles
                pinagay
                contrapasso in duo
                rosti boli
                argeers
                petite riens
                amoroso

                Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
                And at least one from the not period but damn fun
                Rowan
                -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
                really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
                10... ;)

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 8 9:40 AM
                  Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

                  Tsire

                • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 8 10:41 AM
                    Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
                    dances I like that fall into a period category.

                    Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
                    in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
                    The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
                    listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

                    Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

                    -Roberto

                    --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hey guys,
                    >
                    > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
                    > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
                    other
                    > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
                    and you
                    > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
                    must know
                    > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
                    grossly out
                    > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
                    >
                    > Tsire
                    > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
                    her head
                  • Malina
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 9 2:16 PM
                      I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
                      event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
                      am more excited each day.

                      > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
                      > would others be interested in that?

                      This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
                      as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
                      classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
                      choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

                      I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

                      Malina