Re: Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
      > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
      drawn
      > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
      > recommended from each class by its instructor?

      Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
      Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
      Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
      musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

      Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
      (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
      too)

      Rowan
      who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
      anyway.
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
        >In that second room please put down "Not Period but Damn Fun" for
        >Isabeau (sp?) - Conrad she's your apprentice how do you spell Bel's
        >name? -

        Something 'horribly' french I have to look it up all the time :)
        Isabeau de Beauxyeux

        >She is not on this list although apperently she's on your Bellewood
        >list she said.

        I did forward this to her yesterday.

        Conrad
      • Stewart, Sara
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
          I teach Contrapasso in my 16th century Italian class.
          Seonaid

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
            Hey guys,

            Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
            I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any other
            contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these and you
            will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are must know
            and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are grossly out
            of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*

            Tsire
            PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left her head
          • Stewart, Sara
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
              Dances from my French class are :Causelle, Montard branles, pinagay ,
              scottish branles, Charlotte, and Belle Qui Pavane(Carolingian)
              From the Italian class: Contrapasso in Duo, Ballo del Fiore, Gracca
              Amorosa and if time Bizzaria

              From those, for the ball I would suggest: Belle Qui, montard branles,
              pinagay (because it is cute, and easier than Charlotte), and contrapasso
              at least.

              I would also second Rosti boli

              Thanks,
              Seonaid

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                Yay! Petite Riens and Amoroso! We love to play those two. Can we add those
                two, please? And actually, we don't mind Newcastle, either. :)

                Conna

                From: rowan@...
                Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:11 -0000
                To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
                drawn
                > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
                > recommended from each class by its instructor?

                Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
                Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
                Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
                musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

                Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
                (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
                too)

                Rowan
                who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
                anyway.

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                Yahoo! Groups Links
                To visit your group on the web, go to:

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • rowan@french.toast.net
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                  Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
                  Belle Qui
                  montard branles
                  pinagay
                  contrapasso in duo
                  rosti boli
                  argeers
                  petite riens
                  amoroso

                  Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
                  And at least one from the not period but damn fun
                  Rowan
                  -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
                  really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
                  10... ;)

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                    Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

                    Tsire

                  • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                      Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
                      dances I like that fall into a period category.

                      Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
                      in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
                      The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
                      listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

                      Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

                      -Roberto

                      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
                      wrote:

                      > Hey guys,
                      >
                      > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
                      > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
                      other
                      > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
                      and you
                      > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
                      must know
                      > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
                      grossly out
                      > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
                      >
                      > Tsire
                      > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
                      her head
                    • Malina
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 9, 2005
                        I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
                        event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
                        am more excited each day.

                        > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
                        > would others be interested in that?

                        This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
                        as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
                        classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
                        choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

                        I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

                        Malina