RE: [CalontirDance] Symposium Classes - Preliminary Schedule

    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 7, 2005
      Itialian Follow the Leader: La+Chirintana and Una Caccia D'Amore

      Other thoughts that came up this weekend.

      Would people like a dance roundtable discussion over lunch?

      The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
      would others be interested in that?

      The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be drawn
      from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
      recommended from each class by its instructor?

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
        Roberto,
        In that second room please put down "Not Period but Damn Fun" for
        Isabeau (sp?) - Conrad she's your apprentice how do you spell Bel's
        name? -
        She is not on this list although apperently she's on your Bellewood
        list she said.
        Tsire would your "how to run a ball" be a lunch type class?

      • rowan@french.toast.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
          > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
          drawn
          > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
          > recommended from each class by its instructor?

          Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
          Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
          Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
          musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

          Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
          (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
          too)

          Rowan
          who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
          anyway.
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
            >In that second room please put down "Not Period but Damn Fun" for
            >Isabeau (sp?) - Conrad she's your apprentice how do you spell Bel's
            >name? -

            Something 'horribly' french I have to look it up all the time :)
            Isabeau de Beauxyeux

            >She is not on this list although apperently she's on your Bellewood
            >list she said.

            I did forward this to her yesterday.

            Conrad
          • Stewart, Sara
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
              I teach Contrapasso in my 16th century Italian class.
              Seonaid

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                Hey guys,

                Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
                I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any other
                contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these and you
                will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are must know
                and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are grossly out
                of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*

                Tsire
                PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left her head
              • Stewart, Sara
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                  Dances from my French class are :Causelle, Montard branles, pinagay ,
                  scottish branles, Charlotte, and Belle Qui Pavane(Carolingian)
                  From the Italian class: Contrapasso in Duo, Ballo del Fiore, Gracca
                  Amorosa and if time Bizzaria

                  From those, for the ball I would suggest: Belle Qui, montard branles,
                  pinagay (because it is cute, and easier than Charlotte), and contrapasso
                  at least.

                  I would also second Rosti boli

                  Thanks,
                  Seonaid

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                    Yay! Petite Riens and Amoroso! We love to play those two. Can we add those
                    two, please? And actually, we don't mind Newcastle, either. :)

                    Conna

                    From: rowan@...
                    Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:21:11 -0000
                    To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

                    > The other thin is that we need a bal list. I think its should be
                    drawn
                    > from the dances taught here - could we get a few actual dances
                    > recommended from each class by its instructor?

                    Ball list: Dances from our classes are: Rosti Boli, Petiet Riens,
                    Ameroso, Argeers, Newcastle
                    Chose any or all but please include rosti boli and argeers -
                    musicians like to play them and they are two of my favorite to dance.

                    Hey Tsire - what about a Contruposso class - in duo and the others?
                    (Cause Controposso in duo is becoming one of my favorite to dances
                    too)

                    Rowan
                    who cant spell and is at work and shouldn't be playing on the lists
                    anyway.

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                    To visit your group on the web, go to:

                    <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  • rowan@french.toast.net
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                      Ok, so far on the requested ball list we have:
                      Belle Qui
                      montard branles
                      pinagay
                      contrapasso in duo
                      rosti boli
                      argeers
                      petite riens
                      amoroso

                      Um...perhaps some other/more ECs would be good ;)
                      And at least one from the not period but damn fun
                      Rowan
                      -"how to make a ball list" - 1) ask musicians and dancers what they
                      really have to have in a ball, 2) pare the list down to 6 sets of
                      10... ;)

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                        Yay -Seonaid's got Contrapasso and Tsire's off the hook for it. I love it!

                        Tsire

                      • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 8, 2005
                          Wow, ummm, damn, I'm honored Tsire. You want me to come up with 3-6
                          dances I like that fall into a period category.

                          Well, crap, can I request people put up a list of what's being taught
                          in their classes, and I will do my best to come up with a fun list.
                          The first two I can think of are in the 'not period but damn fun'
                          listing, but I can think of good fun period dances as well.

                          Gimme a day or two to mull this over.

                          -Roberto

                          --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
                          wrote:

                          > Hey guys,
                          >
                          > Running a Ball/Dance Event could very well be a lunch discussion :)
                          > I can do Contrapasso in Due but am not all that familiar with any
                          other
                          > contrapassi. I'd be happy to throw it into a "Robert likes these
                          and you
                          > will too - type class" Roberto - tell me 3-6 dances you feel are
                          must know
                          > and I'll make a class out of that ( so long as none of them are
                          grossly out
                          > of period - lol) Whatever - I'm flexible *insert bad joke here*
                          >
                          > Tsire
                          > PS - whos feeling much better now that the snot demons have left
                          her head
                        • Malina
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 9, 2005
                            I have been lurking on this list for a bit. But I can't wait for this
                            event. I will finally get to know many of the dancers in Calontir. I
                            am more excited each day.

                            > The other class I am thinking about is "How to teach dance"
                            > would others be interested in that?

                            This is a great idea. I know that I get alot of help from a class such
                            as this. And what about a class on running a ball? Heck, with all the
                            classes that are already being offered, I will be hard pressed to
                            choose just a few. I want to go to them all!!!! lol

                            I have millions of questions and tons of enthusiasm.

                            Malina