RE: [CalontirDance] Coronation Ball

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 3, 2005
      "Joyos from Cervera" is probably the best way, as there are other Joyos
      and there are 12 other basse dances in the Cervera manuscript.

      Seonaid

      From: "Stewart, Sara" <stewarts@...>
      Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:27:57 -0600
      To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

      It is not Seonaid's Basse Dance. It is Cervera's basse dance, which
      Seonaid reconstructed :) Seonaid This ball sounds great.

      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008

        Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
        > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
        > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
        >
        > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
        > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
        > organizing everything and for all the fun!

        And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

        The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
        The musicians:
        Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played background
        music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
        Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
        (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of Shadowdale
        (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast), and
        Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
        The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
        Lorelei of Skye

        It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

        --Christian

      • Matt Lagemann
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
          Indeed it was fun. I wish I had enough energy for the other two sets. I know this was NOT in the hands of those running the ball, but I think what hurt attendance some was the Bardic Circle running concurrently. I know of some people from my group that would have danced, but they also wanted to be a part of the circle as well.

          Ermenrich

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
            For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
            safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
            on long after dancing ends.

            I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.

            Conrad

            From: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>
            <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>

            Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
            > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
            > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
            >
            > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
            > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
            > organizing everything and for all the fun!

            And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

            The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
            The musicians:
            Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played
            background
            music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
            Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
            (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of
            Shadowdale
            (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast),
            and
            Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
            The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
            Lorelei of Skye

            It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

            --Christian

          • Conna
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
              On Wednesday, September 17, 2008, at 08:59 AM, Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

              > For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
              > safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
              > on long after dancing ends.
              >
              > I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.
              >
              > Conrad

              I happily stayed through the end of the ball, then happily stayed at
              the fire circle until the fire was put out at 5 am.

              Plenty of time for both! ;)

            • Matt Lagemann
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                5am! Conna, I do not know where you get that energy, but if you wouldn't mind lending me some, I would appreciate it!

                Ermenrich

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                  Crown Tourney is the weekend before Crystal Ball here in St Louis. Is there any interest in making dancing happen there? I'm looking for volunteers as I may or may not be able to attend this myself but am willing to coordinate.