RE: [CalontirDance] Coronation Ball

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 3, 2005
      It is not Seonaid's Basse Dance. It is Cervera's basse dance, which
      Seonaid reconstructed :)
      Seonaid
      This ball sounds great.

      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 3, 2005
        Blah-de-blah-de-blah. Seonaid/Cervera. Whatever. ;)

        Is Joyos the correct name? Or should we call it Cervera's basse dance? (I'm
        sort of still rooting for "Seonaid's basse dance," but I may lose this
        one...)

        Conna

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Stewart, Sara
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 3, 2005
          "Joyos from Cervera" is probably the best way, as there are other Joyos
          and there are 12 other basse dances in the Cervera manuscript.

          Seonaid

          From: "Stewart, Sara" <stewarts@...>
          Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:27:57 -0600
          To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

[...]

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/LmiolB/TM
        • Christopher Mortika
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008

            Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
            > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
            > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
            >
            > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
            > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
            > organizing everything and for all the fun!

            And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

            The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
            The musicians:
            Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played background
            music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
            Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
            (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of Shadowdale
            (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast), and
            Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
            The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
            Lorelei of Skye

            It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

            --Christian

          • Matt Lagemann
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
              Indeed it was fun. I wish I had enough energy for the other two sets. I know this was NOT in the hands of those running the ball, but I think what hurt attendance some was the Bardic Circle running concurrently. I know of some people from my group that would have danced, but they also wanted to be a part of the circle as well.

              Ermenrich

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
                For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
                safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
                on long after dancing ends.

                I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.

                Conrad

                From: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>

                Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
                > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
                > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
                >
                > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
                > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
                > organizing everything and for all the fun!

                And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

                The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
                The musicians:
                Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played
                background
                music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
                Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
                (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of
                Shadowdale
                (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast),
                and
                Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
                The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
                Lorelei of Skye

                It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

                --Christian

              • Conna
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                  On Wednesday, September 17, 2008, at 08:59 AM, Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

                  > For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
                  > safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
                  > on long after dancing ends.
                  >
                  > I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.
                  >
                  > Conrad

                  I happily stayed through the end of the ball, then happily stayed at
                  the fire circle until the fire was put out at 5 am.

                  Plenty of time for both! ;)

                • Matt Lagemann
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                    5am! Conna, I do not know where you get that energy, but if you wouldn't mind lending me some, I would appreciate it!

                    Ermenrich

                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                      Crown Tourney is the weekend before Crystal Ball here in St Louis. Is there any interest in making dancing happen there? I'm looking for volunteers as I may or may not be able to attend this myself but am willing to coordinate.