RE: Coronation Ball

    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 10, 1999
      >>Genrerally yes, but it depends somewhat on the knowledge and willingness
      >>to learn of at least some of the dancers.

      >When doesn't it :) If you have any suggestions, now would be the time,
      >before I get cheat sheets done up. Really, any suggestions at all.
      >Substitutions galore, I don't care...I have this headache that won't quit
      >and our computer keeps crashing with "disk full" messages.

      There's no way to know beforehand. Cheat sheets are good, but they usually
      don't help if someone doesn't know the dance at all.

      I really like your choice of dances, they are a little ambitious, (as far
      as "new" dances go), but I think that's good. I'd say go with them. If it
      doesn't
      work out we can always fall back to easier or more well known dances that
      you
      can play and I can teach - or take requests.

      Conrad
    • Stewart, Sara
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 3 7:27 AM
        It is not Seonaid's Basse Dance. It is Cervera's basse dance, which
        Seonaid reconstructed :)
        Seonaid
        This ball sounds great.

          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 3 7:36 AM
            Blah-de-blah-de-blah. Seonaid/Cervera. Whatever. ;)

            Is Joyos the correct name? Or should we call it Cervera's basse dance? (I'm
            sort of still rooting for "Seonaid's basse dance," but I may lose this
            one...)

            Conna

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            To visit your group on the web, go to:

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Stewart, Sara
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 3 7:37 AM
              "Joyos from Cervera" is probably the best way, as there are other Joyos
              and there are 12 other basse dances in the Cervera manuscript.

              Seonaid

              From: "Stewart, Sara" <stewarts@...>
              Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:27:57 -0600
              To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

[...]

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/LmiolB/TM
            • Christopher Mortika
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008

                Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
                > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
                > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
                >
                > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
                > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
                > organizing everything and for all the fun!

                And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

                The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
                The musicians:
                Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played background
                music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
                Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
                (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of Shadowdale
                (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast), and
                Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
                The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
                Lorelei of Skye

                It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

                --Christian

              • Matt Lagemann
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
                  Indeed it was fun. I wish I had enough energy for the other two sets. I know this was NOT in the hands of those running the ball, but I think what hurt attendance some was the Bardic Circle running concurrently. I know of some people from my group that would have danced, but they also wanted to be a part of the circle as well.

                  Ermenrich

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
                    For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
                    safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
                    on long after dancing ends.

                    I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.

                    Conrad

                    From: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                    <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>
                    <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>

                    Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
                    > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
                    > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
                    >
                    > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
                    > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
                    > organizing everything and for all the fun!

                    And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

                    The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
                    The musicians:
                    Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played
                    background
                    music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
                    Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
                    (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of
                    Shadowdale
                    (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast),
                    and
                    Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
                    The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
                    Lorelei of Skye

                    It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

                    --Christian

                  • Conna
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                      On Wednesday, September 17, 2008, at 08:59 AM, Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

                      > For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
                      > safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
                      > on long after dancing ends.
                      >
                      > I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.
                      >
                      > Conrad

                      I happily stayed through the end of the ball, then happily stayed at
                      the fire circle until the fire was put out at 5 am.

                      Plenty of time for both! ;)

                    • Matt Lagemann
                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                        5am! Conna, I do not know where you get that energy, but if you wouldn't mind lending me some, I would appreciate it!

                        Ermenrich

                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                          Crown Tourney is the weekend before Crystal Ball here in St Louis. Is there any interest in making dancing happen there? I'm looking for volunteers as I may or may not be able to attend this myself but am willing to coordinate.