Bellewode Ball

  • pretzelbear@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2005
      Well, event plans are continuing, and Lady Lionetta and myself
      discussed this topic with several of our College members.

      We have agreed that at the upcoming Bellewode Dance Symposium and
      Ball (Which, BTW, we need more teachers for, PLEASE), it would be
      neat if the ball could have live music. If there is someone who is
      usually involved in live ball music in kingdom who would be willing
      to help coordinate a ball dance card, and music and all that, we will
      push the advertising and get as many people as we can for this.

      At this time it looks like I can set aside two rooms for classes in
      the day (which allows 14 hours of dancing practice), and we have a
      large gym for the ball. That leaves plenty of room for any and all
      dances to be taught, and a ball that goes from, roughly, 7 to 11 pm
      to get as much dancing as we can stand in.

      The exact times of the ball will depend on court, and what time
      people arrive from dinner.

      Also, would people who would like to attend provide feedback on
      whether we should provide some snackies during the ball and if so
      what types would be appreciated?

      Food for breakfast and food for the ball are looking to be our _only_
      expenses for this event so we wish to do this up properly.

      Any and all feedback is welcom.

      Thanks.

      -Roberto

      PS: Please direct comments to this email to bellewode_dance@...
    • Kelfin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010
        Hello, everyone!

        I'm sorry I didn't get this message sent out sooner, but...

        The Bellewode Symposium is on Saturday, January 30th, and, as usual, we're having a ball. I'd like to invite anyone who wishes to join me in the pit. It will be a fun, relaxed time. Here's a list of what we'll be playing:

        First Set:
        Queens Alman
        Maltese Bransle
        Gelosia
        Heralds in Love
        Petit Vriens
        Henry VIII Bransle

        Second Set:
        Jenny Pluck Pears
        Black Alman
        Sellengers Round
        Le Bens Distonys
        Black Nag
        Chestnut
        Tesara

        Third Set:
        Gathering Peascods
        Lovers' Braid
        Gracca Amorossa
        Heart's Ease
        Official Bransle
        Rosti Boli
        Rufty Tufty
        My Lady Cullen

        If you need a copy of any of this music, please let me know.

        Thank you for your time and attention.

        --Kasha Alekseeva