RE: Coronation Ball

  • Katriana
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 10, 1999
      >Genrerally yes, but it depends somewhat on the knowledge and willingness
      >to learn of at least some of the dancers.

      When doesn't it :) If you have any suggestions, now would be the time,
      before I get cheat sheets done up. Really, any suggestions at all.
      Substitutions galore, I don't care...I have this headache that won't quit
      and our computer keeps crashing with "disk full" messages.

      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 10, 1999
        >>Genrerally yes, but it depends somewhat on the knowledge and willingness
        >>to learn of at least some of the dancers.

        >When doesn't it :) If you have any suggestions, now would be the time,
        >before I get cheat sheets done up. Really, any suggestions at all.
        >Substitutions galore, I don't care...I have this headache that won't quit
        >and our computer keeps crashing with "disk full" messages.

        There's no way to know beforehand. Cheat sheets are good, but they usually
        don't help if someone doesn't know the dance at all.

        I really like your choice of dances, they are a little ambitious, (as far
        as "new" dances go), but I think that's good. I'd say go with them. If it
        doesn't
        work out we can always fall back to easier or more well known dances that
        you
        can play and I can teach - or take requests.

        Conrad
      • Stewart, Sara
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 3, 2005
          It is not Seonaid's Basse Dance. It is Cervera's basse dance, which
          Seonaid reconstructed :)
          Seonaid
          This ball sounds great.

            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 3, 2005
              Blah-de-blah-de-blah. Seonaid/Cervera. Whatever. ;)

              Is Joyos the correct name? Or should we call it Cervera's basse dance? (I'm
              sort of still rooting for "Seonaid's basse dance," but I may lose this
              one...)

              Conna

[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

              Yahoo! Groups Links
              To visit your group on the web, go to:

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • Stewart, Sara
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 3, 2005
                "Joyos from Cervera" is probably the best way, as there are other Joyos
                and there are 12 other basse dances in the Cervera manuscript.

                Seonaid

                From: "Stewart, Sara" <stewarts@...>
                Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:27:57 -0600
                To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>

[...]

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/LmiolB/TM
              • Christopher Mortika
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008

                  Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
                  > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
                  > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
                  >
                  > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
                  > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
                  > organizing everything and for all the fun!

                  And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

                  The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
                  The musicians:
                  Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played background
                  music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
                  Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
                  (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of Shadowdale
                  (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast), and
                  Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
                  The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
                  Lorelei of Skye

                  It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

                  --Christian

                • Matt Lagemann
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
                    Indeed it was fun. I wish I had enough energy for the other two sets. I know this was NOT in the hands of those running the ball, but I think what hurt attendance some was the Bardic Circle running concurrently. I know of some people from my group that would have danced, but they also wanted to be a part of the circle as well.

                    Ermenrich

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
                      For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
                      safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
                      on long after dancing ends.

                      I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.

                      Conrad

                      From: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                      <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>
                      <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>

                      Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
                      > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
                      > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
                      >
                      > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
                      > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
                      > organizing everything and for all the fun!

                      And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

                      The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
                      The musicians:
                      Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played
                      background
                      music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
                      Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
                      (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of
                      Shadowdale
                      (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast),
                      and
                      Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
                      The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
                      Lorelei of Skye

                      It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

                      --Christian

                    • Conna
                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                        On Wednesday, September 17, 2008, at 08:59 AM, Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

                        > For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
                        > safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
                        > on long after dancing ends.
                        >
                        > I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.
                        >
                        > Conrad

                        I happily stayed through the end of the ball, then happily stayed at
                        the fire circle until the fire was put out at 5 am.

                        Plenty of time for both! ;)

                      • Matt Lagemann
                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                          5am! Conna, I do not know where you get that energy, but if you wouldn't mind lending me some, I would appreciate it!

                          Ermenrich

                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                            Crown Tourney is the weekend before Crystal Ball here in St Louis. Is there any interest in making dancing happen there? I'm looking for volunteers as I may or may not be able to attend this myself but am willing to coordinate.