Crown Ball

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999
      Hi all

      Caroligian Pavan Calontir Bransle
      Sellengers Round ?? Korobushka Hole In the Wall Break for refreshments Set Two Mannschaft Pavan Heralds in Love Horses Bransle? Petit Riens Scotland the Brave Trenchmore

      I wan't one more for the first set, something in a circle perhaps

      Also I have a web page in progress, I has steps for most of the dances
      linked in, and 1 tune (Belle-Qui).

      What I really want is for some people to sing the words as well
      as playing the music.

      http://cd.murr.missouri.edu/sca/crown/ball/crown-ball.html

      Conrad
    • Evelyn Alden
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999
        > Is there hopping in this Pavan?
        >
        > pav

        Nope, it's the one where the women pavan around their men, then the men
        pavan around their women. Men don't even have to kneel (although many do)
        Otherwise it's just pavanning forward & back

        Pavan forward (start left foot)
        Pavan forward (start right foot)
        Pavan forward (start left foot)
        Pavan backward (start right foot)

        Women pavan around men (full pavan, start left foot, then start right foot)
        Men pavan around women (full pavan, start left foot, then start right foot)

        Men could go first, I've been wrong about that kind of thing before :)

        katriana
      • Paul A. Byers
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 1999
            >Nope, it's the one where the women pavan around their men, then the men
            >pavan around their women. Men don't even have to kneel (although many do)
            >Otherwise it's just pavanning forward & back

            Ok, so when is the ball. That's 4 dances I can do. :)

            Pav