RE: [CalontirDance] Wha's up?

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1 1:18 PM
      Sorry got confused.
      Chirintana is a fifteenth century Italian dance from Ebreo(?). There is
      sheet music, but I don't know if there is other music.
      Chiaranzana is a 16th century Italian from Caroso. This is the one I
      have a recording of.

      Was this it Conrad:(This is the 15th century one)
      Chirintana (6 couples holding hands one after another)
      (

      --- in 4 (whole dance) ---

      Intro Continenza L,R,L,R - repeat as often as musician wants
      (or x2)

      Weave 1 (same as in Trenchmore) (32 bars of music)

      2 piva = front couple turns without dropping hands

      2 piva for each of following switches, holding partners
      hand.

      Couple 1 ducks under arms of Couple 2

      Couple 3 ducks under Couple 1 as Couple 2 turns

      Couple 1 under 4, Couple 2 under 4, etc.

      Each Couple starts when Couple 1 reaches them. Always
      come from the top by

      ducking under. Keep going until back to place (Couple 1
      will finish 8 bars before

      last finishes)

      Chorus 4 salterelli circling partner (no hands)

      Weave 2 The first Couple stayed on the wrong side, and now start a
      circular hey. The

      Women go clockwise around the circle, the men go ccw.
      ie the 1st man starts

      down the women's line, all the men following him, while
      the women go down the

      men's line.

      Two pive for each pass, start passing R.

      Repeat Chorus

      Brigamania (Same music as weave plus chorus)

      Couples all link up into one line, and bransle around
      the hall.

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1 1:27 PM
        I though it was 15th, but the steps are generic.

        Its for as many as will, has 3 badic figures
        a procession forward, a snake hey and a set of pivas
        in one big line.

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1 1:34 PM
          Yeah that sounds like it must be it. I imagine if you extend the music
          it can be for as many as will.

          ________________________________

          > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

          Chirintana
          Chiaranzana
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          click here
          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
          p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
          s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          click here
          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129i8apj4/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
          D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094156836/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
          p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
          s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=532846065>