RE: [CalontirDance] Wha's up?

  • Stewart, Sara
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
      Balli e Balletti da Ballare: Danses de la Renaissance Italien. Atelier
      Danse/Claude Flagel
      ADDA Distribution, 1987. FM 581071. CD (Also distributed by Qualiton
      Imports as "Italian Dance Music of the Renaissance".)
      I don't know if it is danceable , not having done the dance.
      And the sheet music is available.

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
        Sorry got confused.
        Chirintana is a fifteenth century Italian dance from Ebreo(?). There is
        sheet music, but I don't know if there is other music.
        Chiaranzana is a 16th century Italian from Caroso. This is the one I
        have a recording of.

        Was this it Conrad:(This is the 15th century one)
        Chirintana (6 couples holding hands one after another)
        (

        --- in 4 (whole dance) ---

        Intro Continenza L,R,L,R - repeat as often as musician wants
        (or x2)

        Weave 1 (same as in Trenchmore) (32 bars of music)

        2 piva = front couple turns without dropping hands

        2 piva for each of following switches, holding partners
        hand.

        Couple 1 ducks under arms of Couple 2

        Couple 3 ducks under Couple 1 as Couple 2 turns

        Couple 1 under 4, Couple 2 under 4, etc.

        Each Couple starts when Couple 1 reaches them. Always
        come from the top by

        ducking under. Keep going until back to place (Couple 1
        will finish 8 bars before

        last finishes)

        Chorus 4 salterelli circling partner (no hands)

        Weave 2 The first Couple stayed on the wrong side, and now start a
        circular hey. The

        Women go clockwise around the circle, the men go ccw.
        ie the 1st man starts

        down the women's line, all the men following him, while
        the women go down the

        men's line.

        Two pive for each pass, start passing R.

        Repeat Chorus

        Brigamania (Same music as weave plus chorus)

        Couples all link up into one line, and bransle around
        the hall.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
          I though it was 15th, but the steps are generic.

          Its for as many as will, has 3 badic figures
          a procession forward, a snake hey and a set of pivas
          in one big line.

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
            Yeah that sounds like it must be it. I imagine if you extend the music
            it can be for as many as will.

            ________________________________

            > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

            Chirintana
            Chiaranzana
            http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here
            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
            D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
            p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
            s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here
            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129i8apj4/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
            D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094156836/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
            p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
            s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=532846065>