RE: [CalontirDance] Wha's up?

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 1 12:53 PM
      It was available?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Stewart, Sara [mailto:stewarts@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 2:49 PM
      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Wha's up?

      But doesn't Chiaranzana have its own music. I think I have a copy of it
      on one of my CDs. Why do they use a cantiga?
      Seonaid

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1 1:00 PM
        Balli e Balletti da Ballare: Danses de la Renaissance Italien. Atelier
        Danse/Claude Flagel
        ADDA Distribution, 1987. FM 581071. CD (Also distributed by Qualiton
        Imports as "Italian Dance Music of the Renaissance".)
        I don't know if it is danceable , not having done the dance.
        And the sheet music is available.

        ________________________________

        > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

        Chirintana
        Chiaranzana
        http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here
        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
        p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
        s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here
        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12929ced3/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
        D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094154808/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*htt
        p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
        s/S=:HM/A=2319498/rand=697192870>

      • Stewart, Sara
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1 1:18 PM
          Sorry got confused.
          Chirintana is a fifteenth century Italian dance from Ebreo(?). There is
          sheet music, but I don't know if there is other music.
          Chiaranzana is a 16th century Italian from Caroso. This is the one I
          have a recording of.

          Was this it Conrad:(This is the 15th century one)
          Chirintana (6 couples holding hands one after another)
          (

          --- in 4 (whole dance) ---

          Intro Continenza L,R,L,R - repeat as often as musician wants
          (or x2)

          Weave 1 (same as in Trenchmore) (32 bars of music)

          2 piva = front couple turns without dropping hands

          2 piva for each of following switches, holding partners
          hand.

          Couple 1 ducks under arms of Couple 2

          Couple 3 ducks under Couple 1 as Couple 2 turns

          Couple 1 under 4, Couple 2 under 4, etc.

          Each Couple starts when Couple 1 reaches them. Always
          come from the top by

          ducking under. Keep going until back to place (Couple 1
          will finish 8 bars before

          last finishes)

          Chorus 4 salterelli circling partner (no hands)

          Weave 2 The first Couple stayed on the wrong side, and now start a
          circular hey. The

          Women go clockwise around the circle, the men go ccw.
          ie the 1st man starts

          down the women's line, all the men following him, while
          the women go down the

          men's line.

          Two pive for each pass, start passing R.

          Repeat Chorus

          Brigamania (Same music as weave plus chorus)

          Couples all link up into one line, and bransle around
          the hall.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 1 1:27 PM
            I though it was 15th, but the steps are generic.

            Its for as many as will, has 3 badic figures
            a procession forward, a snake hey and a set of pivas
            in one big line.

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 1 1:34 PM
              Yeah that sounds like it must be it. I imagine if you extend the music
              it can be for as many as will.

              ________________________________

              > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

              Chirintana
              Chiaranzana
              http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              click here
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
              D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
              p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
              s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              click here
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129i8apj4/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
              D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094156836/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
              p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
              s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=532846065>