RE: [CalontirDance] Wha's up?

  • Paul Byers
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 30 11:23 AM
      >and with the Gin and Tonic dance to BOOT!!!

      What Gin and Tonic dance?

      Pav

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 30 11:27 AM
        Hey Pav

        A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,
        that's a total guess at the spelling. When the instructor
        was saying the name its sort of sounded like 'Gin and Tonic'
        and with learning several new dance names it kind of stuck,
        we also had Vanilla and Cachetori in our food series of new
        dances.

        >and with the Gin and Tonic dance to BOOT!!!

        What Gin and Tonic dance?

        Pav

      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
          > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

          Chirintana
          Chiaranzana
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        • Stewart, Sara
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
            But doesn't Chiaranzana have its own music. I think I have a copy of it
            on one of my CDs. Why do they use a cantiga?
            Seonaid

            ________________________________

            > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

            Chirintana
            Chiaranzana
            http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here
            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
            D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
            p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
            s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
              It was available?

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
                Balli e Balletti da Ballare: Danses de la Renaissance Italien. Atelier
                Danse/Claude Flagel
                ADDA Distribution, 1987. FM 581071. CD (Also distributed by Qualiton
                Imports as "Italian Dance Music of the Renaissance".)
                I don't know if it is danceable , not having done the dance.
                And the sheet music is available.

                ________________________________

                > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

                Chirintana
                Chiaranzana
                http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                click here
                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
                p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                click here
                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12929ced3/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094154808/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*htt
                p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                s/S=:HM/A=2319498/rand=697192870>

              • Stewart, Sara
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
                  Sorry got confused.
                  Chirintana is a fifteenth century Italian dance from Ebreo(?). There is
                  sheet music, but I don't know if there is other music.
                  Chiaranzana is a 16th century Italian from Caroso. This is the one I
                  have a recording of.

                  Was this it Conrad:(This is the 15th century one)
                  Chirintana (6 couples holding hands one after another)
                  (

                  --- in 4 (whole dance) ---

                  Intro Continenza L,R,L,R - repeat as often as musician wants
                  (or x2)

                  Weave 1 (same as in Trenchmore) (32 bars of music)

                  2 piva = front couple turns without dropping hands

                  2 piva for each of following switches, holding partners
                  hand.

                  Couple 1 ducks under arms of Couple 2

                  Couple 3 ducks under Couple 1 as Couple 2 turns

                  Couple 1 under 4, Couple 2 under 4, etc.

                  Each Couple starts when Couple 1 reaches them. Always
                  come from the top by

                  ducking under. Keep going until back to place (Couple 1
                  will finish 8 bars before

                  last finishes)

                  Chorus 4 salterelli circling partner (no hands)

                  Weave 2 The first Couple stayed on the wrong side, and now start a
                  circular hey. The

                  Women go clockwise around the circle, the men go ccw.
                  ie the 1st man starts

                  down the women's line, all the men following him, while
                  the women go down the

                  men's line.

                  Two pive for each pass, start passing R.

                  Repeat Chorus

                  Brigamania (Same music as weave plus chorus)

                  Couples all link up into one line, and bransle around
                  the hall.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
                    I though it was 15th, but the steps are generic.

                    Its for as many as will, has 3 badic figures
                    a procession forward, a snake hey and a set of pivas
                    in one big line.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 1, 2004
                      Yeah that sounds like it must be it. I imagine if you extend the music
                      it can be for as many as will.

                      ________________________________

                      > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

                      Chirintana
                      Chiaranzana
                      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      click here
                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                      D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
                      p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                      s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      click here
                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129i8apj4/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                      D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094156836/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
                      p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                      s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=532846065>