Ly Bens

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 30, 2004
      "old" Ly Bens

      "A" music
      "B" music
      "A" music

      The "new" Ly Bens
      "A" music
      "B" music
      "A" music

      And, as near as I could tell from watching, the steps
      just add another "B" section also, just reversing who
      goes which way.

      I'll try to get the new version uploaded into the
      files, but, really, the middle part just repeats now.

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 30, 2004
        "old" Ly Bens

        "A" music
        "B" music
        "A" music

        The "new" Ly Bens
        "A" music
        "B" music
        "B" music
        "A" music

        >And, as near as I could tell from watching, the steps
        >just add another "B" section also, just reversing who
        >goes which way.

        From a dance POV the singles are slower and there's this whole
        turn to switch positions thing too.
      • Paul Byers
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 30, 2004
          >and with the Gin and Tonic dance to BOOT!!!

          What Gin and Tonic dance?

          Pav

          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 30, 2004
            Hey Pav

            A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,
            that's a total guess at the spelling. When the instructor
            was saying the name its sort of sounded like 'Gin and Tonic'
            and with learning several new dance names it kind of stuck,
            we also had Vanilla and Cachetori in our food series of new
            dances.

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 1 11:53 AM
              > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

              Chirintana
              Chiaranzana
              http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Stewart, Sara
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 1 12:48 PM
                But doesn't Chiaranzana have its own music. I think I have a copy of it
                on one of my CDs. Why do they use a cantiga?
                Seonaid

                ________________________________

                > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

                Chirintana
                Chiaranzana
                http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                click here
                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
                p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 1 12:53 PM
                  It was available?

                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 1 1:00 PM
                    Balli e Balletti da Ballare: Danses de la Renaissance Italien. Atelier
                    Danse/Claude Flagel
                    ADDA Distribution, 1987. FM 581071. CD (Also distributed by Qualiton
                    Imports as "Italian Dance Music of the Renaissance".)
                    I don't know if it is danceable , not having done the dance.
                    And the sheet music is available.

                    ________________________________

                    > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

                    Chirintana
                    Chiaranzana
                    http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    click here
                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                    D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
                    p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                    s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    click here
                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12929ced3/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                    D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094154808/A=2319498/R=0/SIG=11thfntfp/*htt
                    p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185352&partid=5285298>

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                    s/S=:HM/A=2319498/rand=697192870>

                  • Stewart, Sara
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 1 1:18 PM
                      Sorry got confused.
                      Chirintana is a fifteenth century Italian dance from Ebreo(?). There is
                      sheet music, but I don't know if there is other music.
                      Chiaranzana is a 16th century Italian from Caroso. This is the one I
                      have a recording of.

                      Was this it Conrad:(This is the 15th century one)
                      Chirintana (6 couples holding hands one after another)
                      (

                      --- in 4 (whole dance) ---

                      Intro Continenza L,R,L,R - repeat as often as musician wants
                      (or x2)

                      Weave 1 (same as in Trenchmore) (32 bars of music)

                      2 piva = front couple turns without dropping hands

                      2 piva for each of following switches, holding partners
                      hand.

                      Couple 1 ducks under arms of Couple 2

                      Couple 3 ducks under Couple 1 as Couple 2 turns

                      Couple 1 under 4, Couple 2 under 4, etc.

                      Each Couple starts when Couple 1 reaches them. Always
                      come from the top by

                      ducking under. Keep going until back to place (Couple 1
                      will finish 8 bars before

                      last finishes)

                      Chorus 4 salterelli circling partner (no hands)

                      Weave 2 The first Couple stayed on the wrong side, and now start a
                      circular hey. The

                      Women go clockwise around the circle, the men go ccw.
                      ie the 1st man starts

                      down the women's line, all the men following him, while
                      the women go down the

                      men's line.

                      Two pive for each pass, start passing R.

                      Repeat Chorus

                      Brigamania (Same music as weave plus chorus)

                      Couples all link up into one line, and bransle around
                      the hall.

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 1 1:27 PM
                        I though it was 15th, but the steps are generic.

                        Its for as many as will, has 3 badic figures
                        a procession forward, a snake hey and a set of pivas
                        in one big line.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 1 1:34 PM
                          Yeah that sounds like it must be it. I imagine if you extend the music
                          it can be for as many as will.

                          ________________________________

                          > A new dance I learned at Pennsic, called Kirantanna,

                          Chirintana
                          Chiaranzana
                          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0137.clean.html

                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                          click here
                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129790fjn/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                          D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094151221/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
                          p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

                          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                          s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=338627225>

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                          click here
                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129i8apj4/M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/
                          D=groups/S=1705126283:HM/EXP=1094156836/A=2319501/R=0/SIG=11tq0u909/*htt
                          p://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185353&partid=5285298>

                          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5285298.6392945.3001176/D=group
                          s/S=:HM/A=2319501/rand=532846065>