FW: pennsicdance: Announcing the Book of Dance V!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2004
      From: Catherine Dean <catherinedean@...>
      Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 13:55:28 -0700 (PDT)
      To: sca-dance@..., pennsicdance@..., academie@...
      Subject: pennsicdance: Announcing the Book of Dance V!

      Dear Friends,

      It is my great pleasure to announce (at long last!) the publication of The
      Book of Dance, vol. 5. This volume contains articles, reviews,
      reconstructions, choreographies, and parodies from issues 33-40 of The
      Letter of Dance, an newsletter created by and for the SCA Dance Community.
      Subjects for this volume include a lively discussion music theory as it
      relates to reels, period middle eastern dance, several articles on the
      Gresley Manuscript, reconstructions of La Volta, a new ECD choreography, a
      choreography for a canario, as well as some excellent reviews of books and

      Copies are available for purchase at Cafe Press for $15 plus shipping. The
      website is: http://www.cafepress.com/letterofdance. Moving to cafe press
      (which does print-on-demand) has helped keep production costs low while
      providing the dance community with a beautifully produced product that will
      never go out of print because I don't have the time or capital to have
      dozens of reprints made. I hope in future to add additional merchandise
      with a dance theme if there is interest, thoughts, comments, etc. are most
      welcome. All minimal proceeds go directly back into the Letter of Dance
      coffers to offset the cost of publication of the newsletter.

      In addition to the new book, I still have copies of Book II ($9) and Book IV
      ($15) available directly from me. And, of course, subscriptions to the
      Letter are always available--$12 to US addresses will get you 8 issues
      (about 2 years). Please contact me at letterofdance@... for more

      TWO SPECIAL OFFERS: Pre-order your copy of Book V now for delivery at
      Pennsic and save on shipping costs! Or, order copies of Book II or Book IV
      now for delivery at Pennsic and save $1 each. Contact me at

      In Service,
      Katherine Mercer
      Editor, The Letter of Dance

      **Please forward this message to any local dance lists and any other lists
      that may be appropriate, such as Kingdom lists**
      pennsicdance mailing list