Re: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.

  • Paul Byers
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
      > > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
      >... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its
      >_always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple
      >of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

      Two votes is enough for me. It is not on the Grim-Music groups webpage.

      Pav

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
        Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!

        I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
        are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
        anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
        types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
        Pensic and pick up your own!

        Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
        16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
        15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
        ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
        SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
        Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
        Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
        Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
        Progression: My Lady Cullen
        Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
        Korrobushka

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
          Yeah! I like Bansle Charlotte and Ly Bens. And any of the almans, too.

          And Rufty Tufty and Gathering Peascods, too.

          Conna

          > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
          > Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:28:32 -0500
          > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
          >
          > Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!
          >
          > I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
          > are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
          > anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
          > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
          > Pensic and pick up your own!
          >
          > Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
          > 16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
          > 15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
          > ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
          > SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
          > Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
          > Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
          > Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
          > Progression: My Lady Cullen
          > Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
          > Korrobushka

        • Evelyn Alden
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
            --- Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
            [...]
            > For a good
            > list of dances of all
            > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off
            > of someone or go to
            > Pensic and pick up your own!
            [...]

            http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~kvs/music/pile/pieces.html

            List of dances, some linked, no arrangers listed, but
            we can supply that :-)

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Valdemar & Constantia
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
              when is BOH?
              Constantia

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                >when is BOH?
                >Constantia

                Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)

                Pav

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                  No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November 6, the same day as
                  Calontir Crown.

                  When this has occurred in the past, I know that Shattered Crystal generously
                  moved the date for Crystal Ball. I haven't heard anything about that yet,
                  though.

                  Conna

                  > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
                  > Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:25:07 -0500
                  > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                  >
                  > At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                  >> when is BOH?
                  >> Constantia
                  >
                  > Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)
                  >
                  > Pav

                • Evelyn Alden
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                    --- Carol O'Connell <carol.oconnell@...> wrote:
                    > No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November
                    > 6, the same day as
                    > Calontir Crown.

                    Conna,

                    I would like to tell you how sorry I will be to miss
                    Crystal Ball this year.

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • stew9655
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 20, 2004
                      My list matces exactly with Tsire's. I am not sure what that means.
                      Oh and I would add Causelle or any other basse dance

                      Seonaid

                      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>