Re: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.

  • rowan@french.toast.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
      > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.

      ... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its _always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

      Lady Rowan Houndskeeper

      Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes, God will call the Greyhound to give testament, and God will pass judgement on man. Persian Proverb
    • Paul Byers
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
        > > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
        >... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its
        >_always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple
        >of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

        Two votes is enough for me. It is not on the Grim-Music groups webpage.

        Pav

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
          Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!

          I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
          are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
          anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
          types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
          Pensic and pick up your own!

          Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
          16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
          15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
          ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
          SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
          Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
          Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
          Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
          Progression: My Lady Cullen
          Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
          Korrobushka

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
            Yeah! I like Bansle Charlotte and Ly Bens. And any of the almans, too.

            And Rufty Tufty and Gathering Peascods, too.

            Conna

            > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
            > Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:28:32 -0500
            > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
            >
            > Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!
            >
            > I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
            > are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
            > anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
            > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
            > Pensic and pick up your own!
            >
            > Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
            > 16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
            > 15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
            > ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
            > SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
            > Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
            > Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
            > Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
            > Progression: My Lady Cullen
            > Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
            > Korrobushka

          • Evelyn Alden
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
              --- Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
              [...]
              > For a good
              > list of dances of all
              > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off
              > of someone or go to
              > Pensic and pick up your own!
              [...]

              http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~kvs/music/pile/pieces.html

              List of dances, some linked, no arrangers listed, but
              we can supply that :-)

              http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
            • Valdemar & Constantia
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                when is BOH?
                Constantia

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                  At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                  >when is BOH?
                  >Constantia

                  Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)

                  Pav

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                    No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November 6, the same day as
                    Calontir Crown.

                    When this has occurred in the past, I know that Shattered Crystal generously
                    moved the date for Crystal Ball. I haven't heard anything about that yet,
                    though.

                    Conna

                    > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
                    > Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:25:07 -0500
                    > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                    >
                    > At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                    >> when is BOH?
                    >> Constantia
                    >
                    > Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)
                    >
                    > Pav

                  • Evelyn Alden
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                      --- Carol O'Connell <carol.oconnell@...> wrote:
                      > No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November
                      > 6, the same day as
                      > Calontir Crown.

                      Conna,

                      I would like to tell you how sorry I will be to miss
                      Crystal Ball this year.

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • stew9655
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 20, 2004
                        My list matces exactly with Tsire's. I am not sure what that means.
                        Oh and I would add Causelle or any other basse dance

                        Seonaid

                        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>