Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.

  • Paul Byers
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
      At 12:48 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
      >I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
      >Conna

      Do you have a version you like best? Could you get me a copy. Or might it
      be in one of the music files I have gotten recently?

      Pav

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
        The one we used this past Lilies works fine. It's nearly identical to the
        one from last year's Crystal Ball.

        > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
        > Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:47:28 -0500
        > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
        >
        > At 12:48 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
        >> I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
        >> Conna
        >
        > Do you have a version you like best? Could you get me a copy. Or might it
        > be in one of the music files I have gotten recently?
        >
        > Pav

      • Paul Byers
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
          At 01:52 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
          >The one we used this past Lilies works fine. It's nearly identical to the
          >one from last year's Crystal Ball.

          I will add the Crystal Ball version to our website. Our good players can
          play it and the GrimDroners and drone to anything!

          Pav

        • rowan@french.toast.net
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
            > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.

            ... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its _always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

            Lady Rowan Houndskeeper

            Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes, God will call the Greyhound to give testament, and God will pass judgement on man. Persian Proverb
          • Paul Byers
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
              > > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
              >... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its
              >_always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple
              >of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

              Two votes is enough for me. It is not on the Grim-Music groups webpage.

              Pav

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!

                I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
                are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
                anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
                types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
                Pensic and pick up your own!

                Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
                16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
                15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
                ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
                SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
                Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
                Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
                Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
                Progression: My Lady Cullen
                Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
                Korrobushka

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                  Yeah! I like Bansle Charlotte and Ly Bens. And any of the almans, too.

                  And Rufty Tufty and Gathering Peascods, too.

                  Conna

                  > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
                  > Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:28:32 -0500
                  > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                  >
                  > Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!
                  >
                  > I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
                  > are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
                  > anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
                  > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
                  > Pensic and pick up your own!
                  >
                  > Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
                  > 16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
                  > 15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
                  > ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
                  > SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
                  > Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
                  > Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
                  > Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
                  > Progression: My Lady Cullen
                  > Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
                  > Korrobushka

                • Evelyn Alden
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                    --- Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
                    [...]
                    > For a good
                    > list of dances of all
                    > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off
                    > of someone or go to
                    > Pensic and pick up your own!
                    [...]

                    http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~kvs/music/pile/pieces.html

                    List of dances, some linked, no arrangers listed, but
                    we can supply that :-)

                    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  • Valdemar & Constantia
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                      when is BOH?
                      Constantia

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                        At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                        >when is BOH?
                        >Constantia

                        Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)

                        Pav

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                          No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November 6, the same day as
                          Calontir Crown.

                          When this has occurred in the past, I know that Shattered Crystal generously
                          moved the date for Crystal Ball. I haven't heard anything about that yet,
                          though.

                          Conna

                          > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
                          > Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:25:07 -0500
                          > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                          > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                          >
                          > At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                          >> when is BOH?
                          >> Constantia
                          >
                          > Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)
                          >
                          > Pav

                        • Evelyn Alden
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                            --- Carol O'Connell <carol.oconnell@...> wrote:
                            > No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November
                            > 6, the same day as
                            > Calontir Crown.

                            Conna,

                            I would like to tell you how sorry I will be to miss
                            Crystal Ball this year.

                            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                          • stew9655
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 20, 2004
                              My list matces exactly with Tsire's. I am not sure what that means.
                              Oh and I would add Causelle or any other basse dance

                              Seonaid

                              --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>