RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
      Pav-
      What a great idea! - Okay folks - what do you like to play? What do you like
      to dance? What's your favorite top five " I could do these and skip the rest
      happily" dances/songs.

      I'm excited to hear this

      MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
      http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
        I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.

        Conna

        > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
        > Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:42:33 -0500
        > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
        >
        > Pav-
        > What a great idea! - Okay folks - what do you like to play? What do you like
        > to dance? What's your favorite top five " I could do these and skip the rest
        > happily" dances/songs.
        >
        > I'm excited to hear this

      • Paul Byers
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
          At 12:48 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
          >I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
          >Conna

          Do you have a version you like best? Could you get me a copy. Or might it
          be in one of the music files I have gotten recently?

          Pav

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
            The one we used this past Lilies works fine. It's nearly identical to the
            one from last year's Crystal Ball.

            > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
            > Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:47:28 -0500
            > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
            >
            > At 12:48 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
            >> I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
            >> Conna
            >
            > Do you have a version you like best? Could you get me a copy. Or might it
            > be in one of the music files I have gotten recently?
            >
            > Pav

          • Paul Byers
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
              At 01:52 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
              >The one we used this past Lilies works fine. It's nearly identical to the
              >one from last year's Crystal Ball.

              I will add the Crystal Ball version to our website. Our good players can
              play it and the GrimDroners and drone to anything!

              Pav

            • rowan@french.toast.net
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 1 6:20 AM
                > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.

                ... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its _always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

                Lady Rowan Houndskeeper

                Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes, God will call the Greyhound to give testament, and God will pass judgement on man. Persian Proverb
              • Paul Byers
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1 7:03 AM
                  > > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
                  >... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its
                  >_always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple
                  >of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

                  Two votes is enough for me. It is not on the Grim-Music groups webpage.

                  Pav

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 1 7:28 AM
                    Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!

                    I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
                    are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
                    anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
                    types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
                    Pensic and pick up your own!

                    Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
                    16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
                    15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
                    ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
                    SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
                    Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
                    Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
                    Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
                    Progression: My Lady Cullen
                    Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
                    Korrobushka

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 1 7:44 AM
                      Yeah! I like Bansle Charlotte and Ly Bens. And any of the almans, too.

                      And Rufty Tufty and Gathering Peascods, too.

                      Conna

                      > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
                      > Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:28:32 -0500
                      > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                      > Subject: Re: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                      >
                      > Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!
                      >
                      > I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
                      > are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
                      > anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
                      > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
                      > Pensic and pick up your own!
                      >
                      > Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
                      > 16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
                      > 15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
                      > ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
                      > SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
                      > Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
                      > Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
                      > Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
                      > Progression: My Lady Cullen
                      > Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
                      > Korrobushka

                    • Evelyn Alden
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 1 11:30 AM
                        --- Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
                        [...]
                        > For a good
                        > list of dances of all
                        > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off
                        > of someone or go to
                        > Pensic and pick up your own!
                        [...]

                        http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~kvs/music/pile/pieces.html

                        List of dances, some linked, no arrangers listed, but
                        we can supply that :-)

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • Valdemar & Constantia
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 2 7:59 AM
                          when is BOH?
                          Constantia

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 2 8:25 AM
                            At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                            >when is BOH?
                            >Constantia

                            Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)

                            Pav

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 2 8:30 AM
                              No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November 6, the same day as
                              Calontir Crown.

                              When this has occurred in the past, I know that Shattered Crystal generously
                              moved the date for Crystal Ball. I haven't heard anything about that yet,
                              though.

                              Conna

                              > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
                              > Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:25:07 -0500
                              > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                              > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                              >
                              > At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                              >> when is BOH?
                              >> Constantia
                              >
                              > Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)
                              >
                              > Pav

                            • Evelyn Alden
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 2 9:35 AM
                                --- Carol O'Connell <carol.oconnell@...> wrote:
                                > No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November
                                > 6, the same day as
                                > Calontir Crown.

                                Conna,

                                I would like to tell you how sorry I will be to miss
                                Crystal Ball this year.

                                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                              • stew9655
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 20 7:56 AM
                                  My list matces exactly with Tsire's. I am not sure what that means.
                                  Oh and I would add Causelle or any other basse dance

                                  Seonaid

                                  --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>