BOH invite to dance.

  • Paul Byers
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
      The musicians of Grimfells are feeling froggy. So, if we were to learn
      4-5 dance numbers would any of you be willing to risk a trip to BOH to
      dance on and off all day? Not talking ball, just dancing off and on as
      the day progresses, and as the players are available. (We will want to
      play some none dance things just for the fun of playing.) Some of our
      musicians will also be fighting and shooting at different times.
      (Conrad, you were born to be a Quick) But if we chose 4-5 dance pieces
      we could do them multiple times to get enough good dancing and playing in
      during the day. Any none Grimfellions musicians would be welcome in the pit
      of course. Right now the Grim-Players have been having a lot of fun with
      the Karabushka. (plus a few jigs and a sweet piece called Rose in the
      Heather.) We could learn some other pieces at suggestion.

      BOH is a very loose and fun event as it is now. It has successfully
      incorporated Iron Chef, Horses, a renfair and a really nice music pit last
      year. I think it would be nice to add some dancing and formal music.

      Pav
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
        Pav-
        What a great idea! - Okay folks - what do you like to play? What do you like
        to dance? What's your favorite top five " I could do these and skip the rest
        happily" dances/songs.

        I'm excited to hear this

        MSN Movies - Trailers, showtimes, DVD's, and the latest news from Hollywood!
        http://movies.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200509ave/direct/01/
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
          I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.

          Conna

          > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
          > Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:42:33 -0500
          > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
          >
          > Pav-
          > What a great idea! - Okay folks - what do you like to play? What do you like
          > to dance? What's your favorite top five " I could do these and skip the rest
          > happily" dances/songs.
          >
          > I'm excited to hear this

        • Paul Byers
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
            At 12:48 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
            >I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
            >Conna

            Do you have a version you like best? Could you get me a copy. Or might it
            be in one of the music files I have gotten recently?

            Pav

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
              The one we used this past Lilies works fine. It's nearly identical to the
              one from last year's Crystal Ball.

              > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
              > Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:47:28 -0500
              > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
              >
              > At 12:48 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
              >> I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
              >> Conna
              >
              > Do you have a version you like best? Could you get me a copy. Or might it
              > be in one of the music files I have gotten recently?
              >
              > Pav

            • Paul Byers
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 30, 2004
                At 01:52 PM 6/30/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                >The one we used this past Lilies works fine. It's nearly identical to the
                >one from last year's Crystal Ball.

                I will add the Crystal Ball version to our website. Our good players can
                play it and the GrimDroners and drone to anything!

                Pav

              • rowan@french.toast.net
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                  > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.

                  ... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its _always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

                  Lady Rowan Houndskeeper

                  Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes, God will call the Greyhound to give testament, and God will pass judgement on man. Persian Proverb
                • Paul Byers
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                    > > I love to play Petit Riens. It makes my mouth happy.
                    >... and the dancers - especially the teens! - love to dance it. Its
                    >_always_ one of those that I'm convinced the musicians shorted us a couple
                    >of repeats (they don't), cause I'm having just way too much fun.

                    Two votes is enough for me. It is not on the Grim-Music groups webpage.

                    Pav

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                      Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!

                      I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
                      are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
                      anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
                      types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
                      Pensic and pick up your own!

                      Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
                      16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
                      15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
                      ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
                      SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
                      Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
                      Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
                      Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
                      Progression: My Lady Cullen
                      Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
                      Korrobushka

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                        Yeah! I like Bansle Charlotte and Ly Bens. And any of the almans, too.

                        And Rufty Tufty and Gathering Peascods, too.

                        Conna

                        > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
                        > Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:28:32 -0500
                        > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                        > Subject: Re: Re: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                        >
                        > Keep the favorites comming - I love to hear what eveyone digs!
                        >
                        > I dig so many dances and have such a short attention span that my top five
                        > are contantly changing. But really I'll dance just about anything just about
                        > anywhere. (Fox trot, or polka anyone?) For a good list of dances of all
                        > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off of someone or go to
                        > Pensic and pick up your own!
                        >
                        > Just for fun heres a list of what I really dig at this moment:
                        > 16th C. Italian Maravigllia and Gracca Amorosa,
                        > 15th C. Italian Contrapasso in Due and Gratioza,
                        > ECD: Picking of Sticks and Black Nag
                        > SCA Corrographies: Heralds in Love
                        > Bransles: Bransle Charlotte
                        > Gresley: Ly Bens Dystonis and Perns in Gre
                        > Old Measures: Black Alman, Lorraine Alman
                        > Progression: My Lady Cullen
                        > Guilty Out of Period Pleaures: John Tallows Cannon, Female Sailor,
                        > Korrobushka

                      • Evelyn Alden
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 1, 2004
                          --- Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:
                          [...]
                          > For a good
                          > list of dances of all
                          > types and popularities wrestle the Pensic Pile off
                          > of someone or go to
                          > Pensic and pick up your own!
                          [...]

                          http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~kvs/music/pile/pieces.html

                          List of dances, some linked, no arrangers listed, but
                          we can supply that :-)

                          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                        • Valdemar & Constantia
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                            when is BOH?
                            Constantia

[...]

                            Yahoo! Groups Links
                          • Paul Byers
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                              At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                              >when is BOH?
                              >Constantia

                              Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)

                              Pav

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                                No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November 6, the same day as
                                Calontir Crown.

                                When this has occurred in the past, I know that Shattered Crystal generously
                                moved the date for Crystal Ball. I haven't heard anything about that yet,
                                though.

                                Conna

                                > From: Paul Byers <mightypav@...>
                                > Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:25:07 -0500
                                > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
                                > Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] BOH invite to dance.
                                >
                                > At 09:59 AM 7/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                                >> when is BOH?
                                >> Constantia
                                >
                                > Oct 23rd. (That's not Crystal Ball is it?)
                                >
                                > Pav

                              • Evelyn Alden
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 2, 2004
                                  --- Carol O'Connell <carol.oconnell@...> wrote:
                                  > No. Crystal Ball is currently scheduled for November
                                  > 6, the same day as
                                  > Calontir Crown.

                                  Conna,

                                  I would like to tell you how sorry I will be to miss
                                  Crystal Ball this year.

                                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                                • stew9655
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 20, 2004
                                    My list matces exactly with Tsire's. I am not sure what that means.
                                    Oh and I would add Causelle or any other basse dance

                                    Seonaid

                                    --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>