Re: [CalontirDance] Re: Lilies Stuff

    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2004
      Katriana and I talked last night (and she really cheered me up after a
      dreadful work day). And her Web site has the exact same pieces as my set.
      She designed it that way on purpose--and I adore her for it!

      I'll have a pick for Il Piantone soon. I know what I want, but I'm not sure
      it will work. Katriana, I hope to check it out with you soon.

      Thanks for the wonderful Web site, Katriana.

      Conna

      > From: "Katriana" <calonkat@...>
      > Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 02:25:01 -0000
      > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [CalontirDance] Re: Lilies Stuff
      >
      > --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
      > wrote:
      >> Katriana,
      >>
      >> Thanks for helping. please coordinate with Conna on music since she
      > has been
      >> kind enought o complie a full set of music.
      >
      > The versions should be the same as the ones Conna had, plus the tunes
      > she didn't. Il Piantone is the only one without a definite tune,
      > Conna is hoping to have time before Lilies to pick music that she
      > likes :-) I added Calontir Branle and Clog Branle because Luciana
      > said she had talked with Marcella about the children doing them one
      > day.
      >
      > http://members.cox.net/calonkat/Lilies2004/
      >
      > If someone could make sure all the links work please, I would
      > appreciate it.
      >
      > katriana
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Catherine Dean
      Message 2 of 8 , May 21, 2004
        Just a quick note from a former Calontiri who misses Lilies dancing greatly!

        There are actually two dances circulating in the SCA that are known as Il Piantone.

        I have freely distributable sheet music for Il Piantone (the partner switching dance structured like ballo del fiore in which men select a partner, they dance for a bit, they separate, and the woman selects a new partner. It was produced by Susan De Guardiola (Alejandra de Miera).

        If you're looking for music for the other dance that is sometimes known as Il Piantone (the pinwheel dance where women join hands in the center and walk in a wheel while the men walk on the outsides, switching parners as a caller gives directions like "two forward" or "one back"), it is part of a larger dance called La Caccia de Amore, for which there is lovely music. I don't have sheet music I can share, but I'm sure it's floating around the SCA somewhere.

        Katherine Mercer
        (now of Atlantia, but forever Calontiri at heart)

        Message 3 of 8 , May 21, 2004
          Thanks for the info! I know that I've run across La Caccia de Amore
          somewhere. I'll have to dig through the stacks a bit.

          Since it's a walking dance, I think anything with a steady beat will work. I
          love the chance to introduce some other pieces of music than just the
          standard ball fare. ;)

          Conna

        • Paul A. Byers
          Message 4 of 8 , May 21, 2004
            >Since it's a walking dance, I think anything with a steady beat will work. I
            >love the chance to introduce some other pieces of music than just the
            >standard ball fare. ;)
            >Conna

            Easy for you to say! New = scary!

            Pav