Lilies Stuff

  • Katriana
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2004
      http://members.cox.net/calonkat/Lilies2004/

      should have everything including the extra music she had in the
      packet. Didn't use exactly her versions on most because they were
      Avatars, Cecily's or I just didn't have time to type them in.

      If someone could make sure all the links work please, I would
      appreciate it.

      Mikal posted that he hasn't gotten a letter about the Lilies Ball
      from Marcella. Her email seems to be disabled and I haven't gotten a
      reply to my email to Edward (her husband) Tsire, since you are
      running the dancers, would you like to write a letter inviting people
      to come and dance? The B3R teens are planning on hosting a party
      that night (Adelaide said she didn't think teens danced), so you
      might specifically invite teens so they don't think dancing's not an
      option :-)

      Either Conrad or I could forward a letter to Mikal, or his email is
      on the Lilies site off the Calontir webpage (http://calontir.sca.org)

      Message 2 of 8 , May 10, 2004
        Katriana,

        Thanks for helping. please coordinate with Conna on music since she has been
        kind enought o complie a full set of music. Next - I'll get on the invite
        letter and class listing by tomorrow at the latest- not a problem. Last -
        YAY All class spots are filled. I could use a back up here and there -
        thanks to all who volunteered. Rowan, Cathus, Conna, Seonaid & Phillippe
        especially. Thanks a million.

      • Katriana
        Message 3 of 8 , May 20, 2004
          --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
          wrote:
          > Katriana,
          >
          > Thanks for helping. please coordinate with Conna on music since she
          has been
          > kind enought o complie a full set of music.

          The versions should be the same as the ones Conna had, plus the tunes
          she didn't. Il Piantone is the only one without a definite tune,
          Conna is hoping to have time before Lilies to pick music that she
          likes :-) I added Calontir Branle and Clog Branle because Luciana
          said she had talked with Marcella about the children doing them one
          day.

          Message 4 of 8 , May 21, 2004
            Katriana and I talked last night (and she really cheered me up after a
            dreadful work day). And her Web site has the exact same pieces as my set.
            She designed it that way on purpose--and I adore her for it!

            I'll have a pick for Il Piantone soon. I know what I want, but I'm not sure
            it will work. Katriana, I hope to check it out with you soon.

            Thanks for the wonderful Web site, Katriana.

            Conna

            > From: "Katriana" <calonkat@...>
            > Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 02:25:01 -0000
            > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [CalontirDance] Re: Lilies Stuff
            >
            > --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@h...>
            > wrote:
            >> Katriana,
            >>
            >> Thanks for helping. please coordinate with Conna on music since she
            > has been
            >> kind enought o complie a full set of music.
            >
            > The versions should be the same as the ones Conna had, plus the tunes
            > she didn't. Il Piantone is the only one without a definite tune,
            > Conna is hoping to have time before Lilies to pick music that she
            > likes :-) I added Calontir Branle and Clog Branle because Luciana
            > said she had talked with Marcella about the children doing them one
            > day.
            >
            > http://members.cox.net/calonkat/Lilies2004/
            >
            > If someone could make sure all the links work please, I would
            > appreciate it.
            >
            > katriana
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Catherine Dean
            Message 5 of 8 , May 21, 2004
              Just a quick note from a former Calontiri who misses Lilies dancing greatly!

              There are actually two dances circulating in the SCA that are known as Il Piantone.

              I have freely distributable sheet music for Il Piantone (the partner switching dance structured like ballo del fiore in which men select a partner, they dance for a bit, they separate, and the woman selects a new partner. It was produced by Susan De Guardiola (Alejandra de Miera).

              If you're looking for music for the other dance that is sometimes known as Il Piantone (the pinwheel dance where women join hands in the center and walk in a wheel while the men walk on the outsides, switching parners as a caller gives directions like "two forward" or "one back"), it is part of a larger dance called La Caccia de Amore, for which there is lovely music. I don't have sheet music I can share, but I'm sure it's floating around the SCA somewhere.

              Katherine Mercer
              (now of Atlantia, but forever Calontiri at heart)

              Message 6 of 8 , May 21, 2004
                Thanks for the info! I know that I've run across La Caccia de Amore
                somewhere. I'll have to dig through the stacks a bit.

                Since it's a walking dance, I think anything with a steady beat will work. I
                love the chance to introduce some other pieces of music than just the
                standard ball fare. ;)

                Conna

              • Paul A. Byers
                Message 7 of 8 , May 21, 2004
                  >Since it's a walking dance, I think anything with a steady beat will work. I
                  >love the chance to introduce some other pieces of music than just the
                  >standard ball fare. ;)
                  >Conna

                  Easy for you to say! New = scary!

                  Pav