Crown Ball

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 1:36 PM
      Well, since I saw that Conrad had signed on, perhaps he can tell us what
      dances to expect at the ball at Crown.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5 1:54 PM
        Hi all

        Caroligian Pavan Calontir Bransle
        Sellengers Round ?? Korobushka Hole In the Wall Break for refreshments Set Two Mannschaft Pavan Heralds in Love Horses Bransle? Petit Riens Scotland the Brave Trenchmore

        I wan't one more for the first set, something in a circle perhaps

        Also I have a web page in progress, I has steps for most of the dances
        linked in, and 1 tune (Belle-Qui).

        What I really want is for some people to sing the words as well
        as playing the music.

        http://cd.murr.missouri.edu/sca/crown/ball/crown-ball.html

        Conrad
      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5 2:03 PM
          > Is there hopping in this Pavan?
          >
          > pav

          Nope, it's the one where the women pavan around their men, then the men
          pavan around their women. Men don't even have to kneel (although many do)
          Otherwise it's just pavanning forward & back

          Pavan forward (start left foot)
          Pavan forward (start right foot)
          Pavan forward (start left foot)
          Pavan backward (start right foot)

          Women pavan around men (full pavan, start left foot, then start right foot)
          Men pavan around women (full pavan, start left foot, then start right foot)

          Men could go first, I've been wrong about that kind of thing before :)

          katriana
        • Paul A. Byers
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5 4:02 PM

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5 4:17 PM
              >Nope, it's the one where the women pavan around their men, then the men
              >pavan around their women. Men don't even have to kneel (although many do)
              >Otherwise it's just pavanning forward & back

              Ok, so when is the ball. That's 4 dances I can do. :)

              Pav