Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music

    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2004
      responded privately

      >From: Evelyn Alden <calonkat@...>
      >To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music
      >Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:53:39 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Tsire,
      >
      >If you can let me know which versions (composers
      >particularly) she chose, I can put the music online
      >(if I have a copy)
      >
      >katriana
      >now with the ability to make pdf files myself!

      >http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover

      Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
      Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2004
        Ok, I'll bite. What are the exceptions?

        Conna

        Message 3 of 13 , May 4, 2004
          Katriona,
          Music-
          Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
          it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.

          Classes:
          Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
          This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

          Message 4 of 13 , May 5, 2004
            Hurray for Tsire! I have the packet of music that she delivered to me.

            Anyone who wants a PDF of the sheet music, please drop me a line. I'll email
            it to you.

            Conna

            > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
            > Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:34:16 -0500
            > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music
            >

            > Katriona,
            > Music-
            > Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
            > it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.
            >
            > Classes:
            > Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
            > This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

          • Evelyn Alden
            Message 5 of 13 , May 5, 2004
              OK, I'm still trying to track down some of Marcella's
              versions, but I must go to sleep now :-) Work at 6:00

              This is a list of the ball dances, followed by 3 lines
              of composers. The first is Marcella's, the second is
              Tsire's and the third is what I had. Cecily Atwood is
              from Crystal Mynes? and the arrangements are the ones
              she did for her recorder group. All the lines in her
              arrangements are reset for C instruments. Which
              doesn't make for happy Alto and Bass players.

              more tomorrow

              katriana

              Set I
              Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
              Cecily Atwood
              Elspeth
              dunno yet
              Gathering Peascods
              Geoffrey
              Geoffrey
              Anello

              Cellio
              Cellio
              My Lady Cullen

              Hendricks
              Hendricks
              Official Bransle
              Rubin
              Almond
              Almond
              Black Alman
              Stockton
              Stockton
              Stockton

              Set II
              Heralds in Love
              Butler
              Butler
              Contrapasso in Due
              ???? No attribution
              Dragonscale
              Dragonscale
              Petit Riens
              Cellio
              Cellio
              Cellio
              Ly Bens Dystonis

              Dragonscale
              Dragonscale
              Hearts Ease
              Elspeth
              Elspeth
              Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)
              no music selected yet (it's kind of like musical
              chairs, all they need is a beat)
              Set III
              Maanschaft Pavane
              Cecily Atwood
              standard
              standard
              Lorraine Alman
              Cecily Atwood
              Smith
              dunno yet
              Korrobushka
              ???? No atribution
              mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
              mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
              Black Nag
              Stockton

              Stockton
              Gelosia
              Cellio
              Cellio
              Cellio
              Jenny Pluck Pears
              Stockton
              Stockton
              Stockton
              Set IV
              Picking of Sticks
              ???? No attribution
              Hendricks
              Hendricks
              Amoroso
              Cellio
              Cellio
              Bransle Charlotte

              Almond
              dunno yet
              Rosti Bolli
              Cellio
              Cellio
              Cellio
              Casuel Nouvelle

              Cellio
              Cellio
              Bizzaria d�Amore

              Geoffrey
              Geoffrey
              Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball

              Quen Quer Que - Tsire's version
              Rufty Tufty
              Scotland the Brave
              Trenchmore

              Message 6 of 13 , May 6, 2004
                It looks like you're missing all the same ones from Marcella's set as I am.
                :)

                FYI--Cecily is from Oakheart. She wrote out the bass lines in treble clef
                for her local folks, who don't read bass clef.

                I suggest that we go with Tsire's set, since it's complete (ok, I forgot to
                add in Black Nag, but otherwise...). The local group here is having practice
                this Sunday, and I'd like to have this settled for them.

                Sound ok to everyone else?

                Conna