Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music

  • Paul A. Byers
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2004
      At 11:49 AM 5/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
      >Pav,
      >I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
      >best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
      >format.
      >Tsire

      Thank you.

      Pav

      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2004
        responded privately

        >From: Evelyn Alden <calonkat@...>
        >To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music
        >Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:53:39 -0700 (PDT)
        >
        >Tsire,
        >
        >If you can let me know which versions (composers
        >particularly) she chose, I can put the music online
        >(if I have a copy)
        >
        >katriana
        >now with the ability to make pdf files myself!

        >http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover

        Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
        Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2004
          Ok, I'll bite. What are the exceptions?

          Conna

          Message 4 of 13 , May 4, 2004
            Katriona,
            Music-
            Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
            it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.

            Classes:
            Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
            This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

            Message 5 of 13 , May 5, 2004
              Hurray for Tsire! I have the packet of music that she delivered to me.

              Anyone who wants a PDF of the sheet music, please drop me a line. I'll email
              it to you.

              Conna

              > From: "Tsire Tuzevo" <tsire@...>
              > Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 17:34:16 -0500
              > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music
              >

              > Katriona,
              > Music-
              > Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
              > it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.
              >
              > Classes:
              > Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
              > This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

            • Evelyn Alden
              Message 6 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                OK, I'm still trying to track down some of Marcella's
                versions, but I must go to sleep now :-) Work at 6:00

                This is a list of the ball dances, followed by 3 lines
                of composers. The first is Marcella's, the second is
                Tsire's and the third is what I had. Cecily Atwood is
                from Crystal Mynes? and the arrangements are the ones
                she did for her recorder group. All the lines in her
                arrangements are reset for C instruments. Which
                doesn't make for happy Alto and Bass players.

                more tomorrow

                katriana

                Set I
                Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                Cecily Atwood
                Elspeth
                dunno yet
                Gathering Peascods
                Geoffrey
                Geoffrey
                Anello

                Cellio
                Cellio
                My Lady Cullen

                Hendricks
                Hendricks
                Official Bransle
                Rubin
                Almond
                Almond
                Black Alman
                Stockton
                Stockton
                Stockton

                Set II
                Heralds in Love
                Butler
                Butler
                Contrapasso in Due
                ???? No attribution
                Dragonscale
                Dragonscale
                Petit Riens
                Cellio
                Cellio
                Cellio
                Ly Bens Dystonis

                Dragonscale
                Dragonscale
                Hearts Ease
                Elspeth
                Elspeth
                Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)
                no music selected yet (it's kind of like musical
                chairs, all they need is a beat)
                Set III
                Maanschaft Pavane
                Cecily Atwood
                standard
                standard
                Lorraine Alman
                Cecily Atwood
                Smith
                dunno yet
                Korrobushka
                ???? No atribution
                mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                Black Nag
                Stockton

                Stockton
                Gelosia
                Cellio
                Cellio
                Cellio
                Jenny Pluck Pears
                Stockton
                Stockton
                Stockton
                Set IV
                Picking of Sticks
                ???? No attribution
                Hendricks
                Hendricks
                Amoroso
                Cellio
                Cellio
                Bransle Charlotte

                Almond
                dunno yet
                Rosti Bolli
                Cellio
                Cellio
                Cellio
                Casuel Nouvelle

                Cellio
                Cellio
                Bizzaria d�Amore

                Geoffrey
                Geoffrey
                Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball

                Quen Quer Que - Tsire's version
                Rufty Tufty
                Scotland the Brave
                Trenchmore

                Message 7 of 13 , May 6, 2004
                  It looks like you're missing all the same ones from Marcella's set as I am.
                  :)

                  FYI--Cecily is from Oakheart. She wrote out the bass lines in treble clef
                  for her local folks, who don't read bass clef.

                  I suggest that we go with Tsire's set, since it's complete (ok, I forgot to
                  add in Black Nag, but otherwise...). The local group here is having practice
                  this Sunday, and I'd like to have this settled for them.

                  Sound ok to everyone else?

                  Conna