Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2004
      If someone has Laura's email, could they please send
      it to me (or send mine to her?)

      I talked with Marcella this weekend. She had put
      together a partial packet of music, some of which were
      the "standard" arrangements (last years) and some were
      not. She is fine with using the packet that Laura and
      Tsera put together, with a few exceptions, so I'll
      make a new webpage for this years Lilies :-)

      She got offlist because of computer problems, but I'm
      going to add her as a member and set her to NO MAIL,
      so she can read the list when she gets online. This
      means that she should be able to contact us, but not
      very quickly.

      Message 2 of 13 , May 2, 2004
        At 11:49 AM 5/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
        >Pav,
        >I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
        >best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
        >format.
        >Tsire

        Thank you.

        Pav

        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2004
          responded privately

          >From: Evelyn Alden <calonkat@...>
          >To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music
          >Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:53:39 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >Tsire,
          >
          >If you can let me know which versions (composers
          >particularly) she chose, I can put the music online
          >(if I have a copy)
          >
          >katriana
          >now with the ability to make pdf files myself!

          >http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover

          Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
          Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx
          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2004
            Ok, I'll bite. What are the exceptions?

            Conna

            Message 5 of 13 , May 4, 2004
              Katriona,
              Music-
              Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
              it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.

              Classes:
              Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
              This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

              Message 6 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                Hurray for Tsire! I have the packet of music that she delivered to me.

                Anyone who wants a PDF of the sheet music, please drop me a line. I'll email
                it to you.

                Conna

                Message 7 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                  OK, I'm still trying to track down some of Marcella's
                  versions, but I must go to sleep now :-) Work at 6:00

                  This is a list of the ball dances, followed by 3 lines
                  of composers. The first is Marcella's, the second is
                  Tsire's and the third is what I had. Cecily Atwood is
                  from Crystal Mynes? and the arrangements are the ones
                  she did for her recorder group. All the lines in her
                  arrangements are reset for C instruments. Which
                  doesn't make for happy Alto and Bass players.

                  more tomorrow

                  katriana

                  Set I
                  Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                  Cecily Atwood
                  Elspeth
                  dunno yet
                  Gathering Peascods
                  Geoffrey
                  Geoffrey
                  Anello

                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  My Lady Cullen

                  Hendricks
                  Hendricks
                  Official Bransle
                  Rubin
                  Almond
                  Almond
                  Black Alman
                  Stockton
                  Stockton
                  Stockton

                  Set II
                  Heralds in Love
                  Butler
                  Butler
                  Contrapasso in Due
                  ???? No attribution
                  Dragonscale
                  Dragonscale
                  Petit Riens
                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Ly Bens Dystonis

                  Dragonscale
                  Dragonscale
                  Hearts Ease
                  Elspeth
                  Elspeth
                  Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)
                  no music selected yet (it's kind of like musical
                  chairs, all they need is a beat)
                  Set III
                  Maanschaft Pavane
                  Cecily Atwood
                  standard
                  standard
                  Lorraine Alman
                  Cecily Atwood
                  Smith
                  dunno yet
                  Korrobushka
                  ???? No atribution
                  mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                  mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                  Black Nag
                  Stockton

                  Stockton
                  Gelosia
                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Jenny Pluck Pears
                  Stockton
                  Stockton
                  Stockton
                  Set IV
                  Picking of Sticks
                  ???? No attribution
                  Hendricks
                  Hendricks
                  Amoroso
                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Bransle Charlotte

                  Almond
                  dunno yet
                  Rosti Bolli
                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Casuel Nouvelle

                  Cellio
                  Cellio
                  Bizzaria d�Amore

                  Geoffrey
                  Geoffrey
                  Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball

                  Quen Quer Que - Tsire's version
                  Rufty Tufty
                  Scotland the Brave
                  Trenchmore

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 6, 2004
                    It looks like you're missing all the same ones from Marcella's set as I am.
                    :)

                    FYI--Cecily is from Oakheart. She wrote out the bass lines in treble clef
                    for her local folks, who don't read bass clef.

                    I suggest that we go with Tsire's set, since it's complete (ok, I forgot to
                    add in Black Nag, but otherwise...). The local group here is having practice
                    this Sunday, and I'd like to have this settled for them.

                    Sound ok to everyone else?

                    Conna