Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music

  • Evelyn Alden
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29, 2004
      Tsire,

      If you can let me know which versions (composers
      particularly) she chose, I can put the music online
      (if I have a copy)

      katriana
      now with the ability to make pdf files myself!

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 30, 2004
        Woohooo!! You are the goddess.

        I'll happily take a copy of that music. I can scan it on the fancy copier at
        work that makes PDF files. Pavel, I'll email it to you. Katriana, I'll email
        it to you, too. Anyone else?

        Three Rivers musicians had our first practice last week with a partial
        packet of music, and things went very well. However, all we had were the
        "oldies but goodies" sheet music that we're already familiar with. We need
        to get working on the "new to us" tunes so we're ready by the Ball.

        Tsire, you're the best!

        Conna

        Message 3 of 13 , May 2, 2004
          Pav,

          I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
          best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
          format.

          Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
          Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx
        • Evelyn Alden
          Message 4 of 13 , May 2, 2004
            If someone has Laura's email, could they please send
            it to me (or send mine to her?)

            I talked with Marcella this weekend. She had put
            together a partial packet of music, some of which were
            the "standard" arrangements (last years) and some were
            not. She is fine with using the packet that Laura and
            Tsera put together, with a few exceptions, so I'll
            make a new webpage for this years Lilies :-)

            She got offlist because of computer problems, but I'm
            going to add her as a member and set her to NO MAIL,
            so she can read the list when she gets online. This
            means that she should be able to contact us, but not
            very quickly.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 2, 2004
              At 11:49 AM 5/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
              >Pav,
              >I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
              >best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
              >format.
              >Tsire

              Thank you.

              Pav

              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2004
                responded privately

                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2004
                  Ok, I'll bite. What are the exceptions?

                  Conna

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 4, 2004
                    Katriona,
                    Music-
                    Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
                    it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.

                    Classes:
                    Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
                    This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                      Hurray for Tsire! I have the packet of music that she delivered to me.

                      Anyone who wants a PDF of the sheet music, please drop me a line. I'll email
                      it to you.

                      Conna

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                        OK, I'm still trying to track down some of Marcella's
                        versions, but I must go to sleep now :-) Work at 6:00

                        This is a list of the ball dances, followed by 3 lines
                        of composers. The first is Marcella's, the second is
                        Tsire's and the third is what I had. Cecily Atwood is
                        from Crystal Mynes? and the arrangements are the ones
                        she did for her recorder group. All the lines in her
                        arrangements are reset for C instruments. Which
                        doesn't make for happy Alto and Bass players.

                        more tomorrow

                        katriana

                        Set I
                        Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                        Cecily Atwood
                        Elspeth
                        dunno yet
                        Gathering Peascods
                        Geoffrey
                        Geoffrey
                        Anello

                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        My Lady Cullen

                        Hendricks
                        Hendricks
                        Official Bransle
                        Rubin
                        Almond
                        Almond
                        Black Alman
                        Stockton
                        Stockton
                        Stockton

                        Set II
                        Heralds in Love
                        Butler
                        Butler
                        Contrapasso in Due
                        ???? No attribution
                        Dragonscale
                        Dragonscale
                        Petit Riens
                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Ly Bens Dystonis

                        Dragonscale
                        Dragonscale
                        Hearts Ease
                        Elspeth
                        Elspeth
                        Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)
                        no music selected yet (it's kind of like musical
                        chairs, all they need is a beat)
                        Set III
                        Maanschaft Pavane
                        Cecily Atwood
                        standard
                        standard
                        Lorraine Alman
                        Cecily Atwood
                        Smith
                        dunno yet
                        Korrobushka
                        ???? No atribution
                        mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                        mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                        Black Nag
                        Stockton

                        Stockton
                        Gelosia
                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Jenny Pluck Pears
                        Stockton
                        Stockton
                        Stockton
                        Set IV
                        Picking of Sticks
                        ???? No attribution
                        Hendricks
                        Hendricks
                        Amoroso
                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Bransle Charlotte

                        Almond
                        dunno yet
                        Rosti Bolli
                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Casuel Nouvelle

                        Cellio
                        Cellio
                        Bizzaria d�Amore

                        Geoffrey
                        Geoffrey
                        Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball

                        Quen Quer Que - Tsire's version
                        Rufty Tufty
                        Scotland the Brave
                        Trenchmore

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 6, 2004
                          It looks like you're missing all the same ones from Marcella's set as I am.
                          :)

                          FYI--Cecily is from Oakheart. She wrote out the bass lines in treble clef
                          for her local folks, who don't read bass clef.

                          I suggest that we go with Tsire's set, since it's complete (ok, I forgot to
                          add in Black Nag, but otherwise...). The local group here is having practice
                          this Sunday, and I'd like to have this settled for them.

                          Sound ok to everyone else?

                          Conna