Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Ball Sheet Music

  • Paul A. Byers
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29 4:51 PM
      >I have compiled copies of music for the Lilies ball for my own perusal
      >(thanks to Laura of Stratford and Pardaic MacDowell) and would be willing to
      >share with all who are interested in having a copy. You shoudl be able to
      >contact Marcella for anything you need that isnt mc-ing or teaching - but I
      >would be happy to help in any way that I can.

      I would like a copy of the music. Preferably electronic if you have it.

      Pav

    • Evelyn Alden
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 29 9:53 PM
        Tsire,

        If you can let me know which versions (composers
        particularly) she chose, I can put the music online
        (if I have a copy)

        katriana
        now with the ability to make pdf files myself!

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 30 5:09 AM
          Woohooo!! You are the goddess.

          I'll happily take a copy of that music. I can scan it on the fancy copier at
          work that makes PDF files. Pavel, I'll email it to you. Katriana, I'll email
          it to you, too. Anyone else?

          Three Rivers musicians had our first practice last week with a partial
          packet of music, and things went very well. However, all we had were the
          "oldies but goodies" sheet music that we're already familiar with. We need
          to get working on the "new to us" tunes so we're ready by the Ball.

          Tsire, you're the best!

          Conna

          Message 4 of 13 , May 2, 2004
            Pav,

            I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
            best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
            format.

            Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
            Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx
          • Evelyn Alden
            Message 5 of 13 , May 2, 2004
              If someone has Laura's email, could they please send
              it to me (or send mine to her?)

              I talked with Marcella this weekend. She had put
              together a partial packet of music, some of which were
              the "standard" arrangements (last years) and some were
              not. She is fine with using the packet that Laura and
              Tsera put together, with a few exceptions, so I'll
              make a new webpage for this years Lilies :-)

              She got offlist because of computer problems, but I'm
              going to add her as a member and set her to NO MAIL,
              so she can read the list when she gets online. This
              means that she should be able to contact us, but not
              very quickly.

              Message 6 of 13 , May 2, 2004
                At 11:49 AM 5/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                >Pav,
                >I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
                >best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
                >format.
                >Tsire

                Thank you.

                Pav

                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2004
                  responded privately

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3, 2004
                    Ok, I'll bite. What are the exceptions?

                    Conna

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 4, 2004
                      Katriona,
                      Music-
                      Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
                      it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.

                      Classes:
                      Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
                      This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                        Hurray for Tsire! I have the packet of music that she delivered to me.

                        Anyone who wants a PDF of the sheet music, please drop me a line. I'll email
                        it to you.

                        Conna

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                          OK, I'm still trying to track down some of Marcella's
                          versions, but I must go to sleep now :-) Work at 6:00

                          This is a list of the ball dances, followed by 3 lines
                          of composers. The first is Marcella's, the second is
                          Tsire's and the third is what I had. Cecily Atwood is
                          from Crystal Mynes? and the arrangements are the ones
                          she did for her recorder group. All the lines in her
                          arrangements are reset for C instruments. Which
                          doesn't make for happy Alto and Bass players.

                          more tomorrow

                          katriana

                          Set I
                          Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                          Cecily Atwood
                          Elspeth
                          dunno yet
                          Gathering Peascods
                          Geoffrey
                          Geoffrey
                          Anello

                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          My Lady Cullen

                          Hendricks
                          Hendricks
                          Official Bransle
                          Rubin
                          Almond
                          Almond
                          Black Alman
                          Stockton
                          Stockton
                          Stockton

                          Set II
                          Heralds in Love
                          Butler
                          Butler
                          Contrapasso in Due
                          ???? No attribution
                          Dragonscale
                          Dragonscale
                          Petit Riens
                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Ly Bens Dystonis

                          Dragonscale
                          Dragonscale
                          Hearts Ease
                          Elspeth
                          Elspeth
                          Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)
                          no music selected yet (it's kind of like musical
                          chairs, all they need is a beat)
                          Set III
                          Maanschaft Pavane
                          Cecily Atwood
                          standard
                          standard
                          Lorraine Alman
                          Cecily Atwood
                          Smith
                          dunno yet
                          Korrobushka
                          ???? No atribution
                          mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                          mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                          Black Nag
                          Stockton

                          Stockton
                          Gelosia
                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Jenny Pluck Pears
                          Stockton
                          Stockton
                          Stockton
                          Set IV
                          Picking of Sticks
                          ???? No attribution
                          Hendricks
                          Hendricks
                          Amoroso
                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Bransle Charlotte

                          Almond
                          dunno yet
                          Rosti Bolli
                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Casuel Nouvelle

                          Cellio
                          Cellio
                          Bizzaria d�Amore

                          Geoffrey
                          Geoffrey
                          Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball

                          Quen Quer Que - Tsire's version
                          Rufty Tufty
                          Scotland the Brave
                          Trenchmore

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 6, 2004
                            It looks like you're missing all the same ones from Marcella's set as I am.
                            :)

                            FYI--Cecily is from Oakheart. She wrote out the bass lines in treble clef
                            for her local folks, who don't read bass clef.

                            I suggest that we go with Tsire's set, since it's complete (ok, I forgot to
                            add in Black Nag, but otherwise...). The local group here is having practice
                            this Sunday, and I'd like to have this settled for them.

                            Sound ok to everyone else?

                            Conna