Lilies Ball Sheet Music

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 29 4:39 PM
      Conna and all,

      I have compiled copies of music for the Lilies ball for my own perusal
      (thanks to Laura of Stratford and Pardaic MacDowell) and would be willing to
      share with all who are interested in having a copy. You shoudl be able to
      contact Marcella for anything you need that isnt mc-ing or teaching - but I
      would be happy to help in any way that I can.

      Dedicated to dance-
      Tsire

      PS - -NEED TEACHERS FOR LILIES DANCE ?DANCE MUSIC CLASSES BADLY _ _HELP OH
      HELP

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 29 4:51 PM
        >I have compiled copies of music for the Lilies ball for my own perusal
        >(thanks to Laura of Stratford and Pardaic MacDowell) and would be willing to
        >share with all who are interested in having a copy. You shoudl be able to
        >contact Marcella for anything you need that isnt mc-ing or teaching - but I
        >would be happy to help in any way that I can.

        I would like a copy of the music. Preferably electronic if you have it.

        Pav

      • Evelyn Alden
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 29 9:53 PM
          Tsire,

          If you can let me know which versions (composers
          particularly) she chose, I can put the music online
          (if I have a copy)

          katriana
          now with the ability to make pdf files myself!

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 30 5:09 AM
            Woohooo!! You are the goddess.

            I'll happily take a copy of that music. I can scan it on the fancy copier at
            work that makes PDF files. Pavel, I'll email it to you. Katriana, I'll email
            it to you, too. Anyone else?

            Three Rivers musicians had our first practice last week with a partial
            packet of music, and things went very well. However, all we had were the
            "oldies but goodies" sheet music that we're already familiar with. We need
            to get working on the "new to us" tunes so we're ready by the Ball.

            Tsire, you're the best!

            Conna

            Message 5 of 13 , May 2, 2004
              Pav,

              I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
              best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
              format.

              Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
              Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx
            • Evelyn Alden
              Message 6 of 13 , May 2, 2004
                If someone has Laura's email, could they please send
                it to me (or send mine to her?)

                I talked with Marcella this weekend. She had put
                together a partial packet of music, some of which were
                the "standard" arrangements (last years) and some were
                not. She is fine with using the packet that Laura and
                Tsera put together, with a few exceptions, so I'll
                make a new webpage for this years Lilies :-)

                She got offlist because of computer problems, but I'm
                going to add her as a member and set her to NO MAIL,
                so she can read the list when she gets online. This
                means that she should be able to contact us, but not
                very quickly.

                Message 7 of 13 , May 2, 2004
                  At 11:49 AM 5/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
                  >Pav,
                  >I have to do some wrangling to get it scanned this week but will put forth
                  >best efforts to get it to you as quickly as possible in your preferred
                  >format.
                  >Tsire

                  Thank you.

                  Pav

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3, 2004
                    responded privately

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 3, 2004
                      Ok, I'll bite. What are the exceptions?

                      Conna

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 4, 2004
                        Katriona,
                        Music-
                        Thanks! Conna has the copy I put together as of tonight and willb e scannign
                        it for sharing shortly. I'm just glad to have the music available.

                        Classes:
                        Great news! I only have two spots left to fill up (monday afternoon 1&2pm)
                        This could be 2 one hour classes or one two hour class. Any helpers?

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                          Hurray for Tsire! I have the packet of music that she delivered to me.

                          Anyone who wants a PDF of the sheet music, please drop me a line. I'll email
                          it to you.

                          Conna

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 5, 2004
                            OK, I'm still trying to track down some of Marcella's
                            versions, but I must go to sleep now :-) Work at 6:00

                            This is a list of the ball dances, followed by 3 lines
                            of composers. The first is Marcella's, the second is
                            Tsire's and the third is what I had. Cecily Atwood is
                            from Crystal Mynes? and the arrangements are the ones
                            she did for her recorder group. All the lines in her
                            arrangements are reset for C instruments. Which
                            doesn't make for happy Alto and Bass players.

                            more tomorrow

                            katriana

                            Set I
                            Carolingian Pavane (and Galliard)
                            Cecily Atwood
                            Elspeth
                            dunno yet
                            Gathering Peascods
                            Geoffrey
                            Geoffrey
                            Anello

                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            My Lady Cullen

                            Hendricks
                            Hendricks
                            Official Bransle
                            Rubin
                            Almond
                            Almond
                            Black Alman
                            Stockton
                            Stockton
                            Stockton

                            Set II
                            Heralds in Love
                            Butler
                            Butler
                            Contrapasso in Due
                            ???? No attribution
                            Dragonscale
                            Dragonscale
                            Petit Riens
                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Ly Bens Dystonis

                            Dragonscale
                            Dragonscale
                            Hearts Ease
                            Elspeth
                            Elspeth
                            Il Piantions(The Pinwheel Game)
                            no music selected yet (it's kind of like musical
                            chairs, all they need is a beat)
                            Set III
                            Maanschaft Pavane
                            Cecily Atwood
                            standard
                            standard
                            Lorraine Alman
                            Cecily Atwood
                            Smith
                            dunno yet
                            Korrobushka
                            ???? No atribution
                            mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                            mine(melody,desc,harmony,words)
                            Black Nag
                            Stockton

                            Stockton
                            Gelosia
                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Jenny Pluck Pears
                            Stockton
                            Stockton
                            Stockton
                            Set IV
                            Picking of Sticks
                            ???? No attribution
                            Hendricks
                            Hendricks
                            Amoroso
                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Bransle Charlotte

                            Almond
                            dunno yet
                            Rosti Bolli
                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Casuel Nouvelle

                            Cellio
                            Cellio
                            Bizzaria d�Amore

                            Geoffrey
                            Geoffrey
                            Pick-up/Request dancing to follow the Ball

                            Quen Quer Que - Tsire's version
                            Rufty Tufty
                            Scotland the Brave
                            Trenchmore

                            Message 13 of 13 , May 6, 2004
                              It looks like you're missing all the same ones from Marcella's set as I am.
                              :)

                              FYI--Cecily is from Oakheart. She wrote out the bass lines in treble clef
                              for her local folks, who don't read bass clef.

                              I suggest that we go with Tsire's set, since it's complete (ok, I forgot to
                              add in Black Nag, but otherwise...). The local group here is having practice
                              this Sunday, and I'd like to have this settled for them.

                              Sound ok to everyone else?

                              Conna