Re: [CalontirDance] dance reconstruction criteria

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 22, 2003
      Yes, you're absolutely right. Embellishments should _not_ be included in a
      transcription. Doing so would change them from embellishments to required
      bits, and that would be inaccurate.

      There are examples of music written down in which a later version has the
      embellishments written in as part of the music. That's the evolution over
      time of a simple tune that's been embellished a lot. For a music
      transcription entry, I think it would be reasonable to allow for extra
      points if the entrant included a section in the documentation describing the
      types of embellishment that would be appropriate and a second copy of the
      music showing some of this embellishment.

      So, for dance reconstruction, extra point if embellishments are discussed in
      the documentation? Maybe I'm pushing it here. I'd like people to choose a
      dance style appropriate for their persona and not get docked on points
      because it's a simpler style.

      Conna